Tony's Ferrari F360 blog....

Tony

• 6 months later...

It looks stunning.... Remember the red is a genuine Ferrari colour.

I think for now i'll spray the other grill and see how it goes. Last year i sprayed the air vents, induction and the contrast with the blue really makes it stand out.

• 1 month later...

Finally, it's done.... Both grills are painted and locking with vanish.

The hardest problem i had was the engine covers glass?

I replaced the perspex dull engine cover with a genuine Ferrari glass, the problem was the genuine glass is curved, so when fitted it left a gap top and bottom, plus i needed to shim the pickup points in order to level the glass side to side and for and aft.

In reality, it's done 40 miles in two years means i need to sell the car.....I think i'm the sort of person who enjoys the chase, so now it's done i don't want the car.

Cost me 15K for the car and i've spent another 10K on it to perfect the look....

It's a shame you'll only get a fraction of that back selling the car. Definitely a select market, even more so post Covid.

What have you spent £10k on though as I wouldn't of thought the work you've done totals that much.

I fitted an advance induction system, a gear short shifter, an amp and speakers, Ferrari seats and glass, new mats

new radiator, brakes, handbrake cables, battery, refurbished wheels in gold which was a Ferrari option.

Plus a paint scratch is £200 to repair.

Unless you've spent silly money on those parts that shouldn't cost more than £2-£3k at the most. You sure you've added it up correctly.

When are you planning on selling it as ideally you need a fresh MOT first and get the repairs sorted?

Did you see Top Gear last night ? They had to buy a mid life crisis car for £8k - Paddy bought a Toyarri F355 but he went over budget at £9.5k looked immaculate. Is that the true value ?

• Like 1

If you look on Piston heads there's no Ferrari replicas  for sale... DNA who were high-end builders lost their battle with Ferrari who said they were in breach of copy write.

It's for this reason i changed the number plate to T80 < my initials, DNA

I have to worries selling the car because i'm not a desperate seller.

• 3 weeks later...

As some may know my wife bought me some waterless wash... I was worried that the waterless would mean i'm rubbing grime into the paint..... So what i decided to do is add the washless into water, and the shammy and see how that works...

IMG_1457.JPG.0fcba6acfc23cc5729a44c6f9ff7ebd2.JPG

IMG_1458.JPG.d5790a09778c5f963bf1219cad168958.JPG

IMG_1459.JPG.ff3c38ddb4bcb8266cbcc252f57ba0db.JPG

1 minute ago, Tony said:

As some may know my wife bought me some waterless wash... I was worried that the waterless would mean i'm rubbing grime into the paint..... So what i decided to do is add the washless into water, and the shammy and see how that works...

IMG_1457.JPG.0fcba6acfc23cc5729a44c6f9ff7ebd2.JPG

IMG_1458.JPG.d5790a09778c5f963bf1219cad168958.JPG

IMG_1459.JPG.ff3c38ddb4bcb8266cbcc252f57ba0db.JPG

On 06/04/2021 at 10:29, Tony said:

If you look on Piston heads there's no Ferrari replicas  for sale... DNA who were high-end builders lost their battle with Ferrari who said they were in breach of copy write.

It's for this reason i changed the number plate to T80 < my initials, DNA

I have to worries selling the car because i'm not a desperate seller.

Yeah I read in Car mag that Ferrari were coming down hard on replicas - not sure why as its pretty obvious they are not real when you see them in real life

1 minute ago, eddie said:

Yeah I read in Car mag that Ferrari were coming down hard on replicas - not sure why as its pretty obvious they are not real when you see them in real life

I hope it's new builds rather than the owners who bought in good faith.