Tony's Ferrari F360 blog....

Tony

19 hours ago, Tony said:

Weight distribution plus i had removed the rear turret brace while fitting the new engine cover...... All that and add some hot weather is why i think it's twisted.

Has the brace been off for a while? I guess that could be why then.

Rear suspension turrets and fire-wall. Being a soft-top and fibreglass is a delicate mix and i think i got it wrong. In addition, i didn't realize fibreglass is fundermentally a fluid so it dry's out and becomes brittle. And  i think this is where my current problem has been born.  

• 1 month later...

On parking last year the poxy cat jumped out of the grass meaning my reaction to avoid it i hit the fence. This pushed the wing up and cracked the fibreglass that goes around the screen. I should have run the bloody cat over!!! !

I've repaired the crack but now it needs painting.

I've not driven the car this year apart for an MOT and now it's passed i still don't want to drive it! I think my problem is i enjoyed the chase making it look Ferrari and not i have the fun has gone. A Lambo is going to be my next project i think.

I thought you had already painted where that damage was. Are you doing it yourself then?

If you don't enjoy driving the car then maybe it's time to move it on. You've got a lot of money tied up in it so I just hope you get as much back as you can.

I've had the rear wing repainted by Berko body shop and then the hatch by my mobile smart repair guy. The door pillar broke when parking the car but since it needs fibreglass repair so i left till last. Well since I'm not driving the car i might as well have it repaired and next year I'll sell it.

The car owes me about £20k and cost me £15k so I'll sell it for around £17.50k but I'm not a desperate seller so it's that or nothing.

• 3 months later...