Tony's Ferrari F360 blog....

Tony

He sold it to pay for his son's wedding..... It's not the money, it's the time and frustration getting the correct parts. I'm the fool to not realize if the car is built to scale then there must be some fabrication to the chassis.

Things haven't gone well...... Today i got the front wishbone bushings and the main compliance bushing that failed the MOT just fell into the wishbone rather than needing to be pressed in.

The old bushing had part numbers on it but didn't correlate to anything online. My only chance was to try the original MR2 bushing but alas it doesn't fit. Since DNA who made the car won't talk Ferrari ( gagging order ) and the fact the wishbone is fabricated my only option is to have a shim made to allow a snug fit.

Today i took it to an engineer and about £40 later the deed should be done.

• 2 weeks later...

Wishbone shim fitted and bushing pressed in £30 :D...... I fitted the wishbone back on but lost a nut?..... Well a nut that connects the drop-link to the wishbone but.... It's not a normal drop-link but a fabricated/ extended link that has a thread and pitch that no other nut seems to hold?

Several nuts later and still no connection I'm thinking of removing the link, engineering the shaft and re-thread the link.... FFS...... And then by chance today I looked down in the long grass next to the car and there was the nut

Jollies unfolded

tumblr_mynhu1UXFr1sdv3fwo1_400.gif.07280f60d7fcad75f55700514489bd6b.gif

• 2 weeks later...

To jack the car i need a scissor jack to lift it high enough for a trolley jack. My mission was to lift the car high enough so i can put it on axle stands..... Twice i lifted it and twice it fell off the jacks!!!!!!.... No damage done but I'm thinking I'm pushing my luck here.

The mission was to put it on stands so i could undo the fuel tank to replace the handbrake cables, but alas it hasn't happened. So not i'll have to take it to a workshop and have them do it but.....?

The spray job i had done on the hatch had a light shadow in one area so the painter can around and re-painted the hatch meaning the glass, vents had to be removed... While doing this the fake engine cover fell off..... I despair.

So now i have no MOT, no tax, no handbrake, no engine cover and all the interior removed.

Happy I'm not!

Is the ground level where you tried to jack it? I had a similar problem a few years back begged use of the neighbours drive which has a flattish bit going off the slope to jack up my car at the time. Used the car jack to get some heigh going then I was going to trolley under neath to secure it ....................... car jack moved due to not being level although tarmac and car weight shifted. Fortunately no damage.

If you're jacking it where you park on the front lawn which has an incline then you're mad! That is not stable ground and you're going to hurt yourself or the car doing that. I've jacked up on a tarmacked incline before but only just high enough to remove the wheels and that was dodgy enough.

I don't understand why you don't do these jobs at work where you have the ramps and other tools you won't have at home. Surely that's one of the perks of working there. You could stay later to work on the car or even during quiet times. 

Using two jacks that are on wood it should have been safe and it's because it's so low i would need to use the geo ramp at work and that's busy , plus we don't do anything regarding fuel there for fire reasons.

Yeah i could do that but I'm going to get it done for me now rather than laying on my back. All it needs is four tank bolts undone, two handbrake pickup points undone and replaced and then the tank re-fitted...... Once done i can take it for another MOT and drive the bloody thing.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally it's done..... Fuel tank removed and handbrake cables fitted, had a re-test and MOT passed....... At a price though £260 :crying_anim02:

Today I'll re-build the centre console and re-fit the passenger seat, a wash and polish, oh and re-fit the engine covers glass which thanks to the s**t gorilla glue came loose and removed for the MOT. 

Yeah for sure...... Shame it cost so much but it was quite a job getting the cables fitted.

I've fitted the centre console today and secured the passenger seat. Also got the tv/ sat-nav plumed in so that's live on the ignition. I also removed the OEM steering wheel which i had to have fitted for the MOT due to the airbag and fitted the replica Ferrari steering wheel ( no airbag )

• 4 weeks later...

Things have not gone tickety-boo...... I made a new engine cover that was dimensionally correct bar one?..... I made it 10mm too deep, so then when the hood closed it pushed the glass engine cover out.

Realizing woodwork is not my fortay i decided to repair and reinforce the original engine cover. Once done i had the same problem? The cover is pushing on the glass???...... I think the reason is the rear of the car has twisted!!.... It's been parked on a decline for a year, it's a soft-top with a fibre-glass body and i think it's moved.

Tomorrow I'm going to drive the car for the first real drive this year in the hope it will relax, allowing me to finish the engine cover and glass fitment.