Tony's Ferrari F360 blog....

Tony

If it's solar paneled then I'm assuming it's a battery camera and not wired to the mains? So has the memory card been taken? How high up is it, could it have been attacked by a large bird? Some are attracted to the panels.

It's a fake that seemingly fooled someone?.... It's now re-positioned and i have my new gun loaded if anyone is foolish enough to tamper with my car.

I honestly think some magpie has seen the gold wheels and can see a profit nicking them. It's very unlikely anyone would nick the car because it's too blatantly visible.

As said the front wheels are finished and again I'm very pleased with the finish

IMG_1151.JPG.f9abe6d3ca478bb38bf0b50d73ae6c22.JPG

IMG_1152.JPG.07c15e4507ca9f898c5ac69a49ad7a31.JPG

IMG_1153.JPG.fe00d4a33366a29956b325c73ad633dc.JPG

What i wasn't expecting is to change the tyres?..... Seems they are 12yrs old and should have been in HOTW

IMG_1154.JPG.ed1508354032a1b4b923f1cad75bc322.JPG

IMG_1155.JPG.7ed53373226c44833a3c93843f15f6c7.JPG

My bad :blush:

Previous owner couldn't of done much mileage if they've got 6mm left and 12 years old. Given all the HOTW tyres you've put on here I'm surprised you didn't check them yourself!

Weather has permitted progress.....

I removed the passenger seat ready for the new centre console. As you can see I'm hardly ready for the MOT....

IMG_1157.JPG.d052c538c989e4c8e1f9a643f7ccb405.JPG

With a lot of fiddling i finally fitted the console and wired it up.

IMG_1158.JPG.1c78f1b994639504402eb4ae8d846187.JPG

Fully dressed, radio surround and other bling....

IMG_1159.JPG.29f88e8c050f141cf1563c72c91852f0.JPG

IMG_1160.JPG.593245c0ed3376939adf26255a33f4df.JPG

I do have an issue with the passenger seats pick-up points which is an easy fix but I'm not sure why it's just the one side?

IMG_1161.JPG.ec37e7a0f4e97a220c101aa4724977c8.JPG

Anyway all said I think the console elevates the finish and worth the few hundred quid i paid for it.

• 2 weeks later...

Destiny.......

Ok as we know i'm trying to finish a repair to the paint around the rear glass which i damaged while sizing and fitting the glass..... Oh joy. So after much trial and error I've bought and applied the materials and basically f**ked up..... 

Thinking I'm never going to get this car back on the road and looking a bit decent, i was walking the dog and just around the corner was one of those mobile paint/ chip/ bumpers repair vans..... Aha... I asked a few questions and asked if he would have a look?

He said it's not an area size wise they would normally do but since he worked for a body shop the scale wasn't an issue for him.... My take is "cash" no recipe, do a good job and good bye.

Two hours later I now have a fully painted, matched tail gate, no colour issues and I'm totally delighted..... Pictures to follow.

Destiny, i love it :smile_anim:

It is, I'll post some images later...... Just so happens he owns a Merc and like most of them it pulls left. I've offered to cure this for him as payment for some more paint work :smile_anim:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nightmare unfolds...... For the MOT i need to replace the front discs, "rusted to excess"... Ok i get that since the car sits for six months so yes change them!... Problem? It appears to conform to the replica's correct 360 chassis dimensions the front spacers are not as they appear. The spacers are fixed to the drive flange via a machined extended rod threw the bearing, meaning to remove the discs i would also need to replace the bearings :crying_anim02:

If that wasn't bad enough the car also failed on a front wishbone compliance bushing.... Yeah not a problem i thought... "wrong!". The wishbone has been designed once again to conform with the 360 chassis scale and has been made vis a space-frame tubular construction and not the simple MR2 pressed solid format.

So now i have removed the wishbone and have to size the bushing then buy online because i have no idea what to buy? It's not MR2.

The other MOT fail was the handbrake efficiency. I did kind of know that in advance so ok i have to replace the cables...... Well kick my cat to do so i have to remove most of the cabins' decor, the firewall and believe it or not the bloody fuel tank!!!!!! 

While i admire DNA's attention to detail i hate them right now!