Tony's Ferrari F360 blog....

Tony

I could do, done that before :whistle: but it's not hard to change it over other than the wiring.

I'm looking forward to the new wheel since it was an F1 concept by MoMo which i think failed because of the limited audience. This time though I'm  not going to have it removable. So now the old wheel and boss will be up for sale.

• 2 weeks later...

New wheel is being fitted today. I had to wait for a 15mm spacer because the colume controls were just a little too close. This time the wiring should be fine so finally i will have my horn back.

This winter I'm going to remove the replica engine and completely refurbish it starting with the rocker covers. In this case I'm going to use the correct crinkle paint.

zzxpintura-en-aerosol-vht-wrinkle-pintura-martillada-D_NQ_NP_313611-MLA20594679906_022016-F.jpg.88f71fac7218cbda8f70687c00b50b92.jpg

All the hoses and wiring is getting replaced.

I'm also going to spray the engine bed the same colour as the car. Remove all the ill-fitting perspex glass supports and fit, rather than glue, bolt on plastic risers bolted down with these.

zxzxs-l1600.jpg.9f484a7678a10c433175ade4b9bc6c96.jpg

Other cosmetic additions are Ferrari logo carpet stencils

zzxzs-l1600.jpg.51a4c34d1f2e20b1070aabf3a5e870da.jpg

And some LED down lighted logos

xzxxs-l1600.jpg.d39179c160c83ae4555c4e613f433b6a.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Despite all my efforts, i cannot get over my seat problem, that being the seat size, color and rails, so I've gone all out and bought these

zzxzs-l1600.thumb.jpg.31d33c7b1ee367ff7f8515fb018a0764.jpg

Used but politically correct for the car....it's a bit of a financial slap in the wallet but a lesson learnt that you cannot fool a fool. 

I may not get it back but it will be more attractive to the buyer. The seats i have aren't real leather and they do touch the trim behind making them squeak. Also given the fact they are genuine Ferrari seats the price was very good. 

15 hours ago, Tony said:

I may not get it back but it will be more attractive to the buyer. The seats i have aren't real leather and they do touch the trim behind making them squeak. Also given the fact they are genuine Ferrari seats the price was very good. 

My jag seats squeak over bumps , apparently they all do 

A bit cheap looking although yes but not if i'm selling which i will be next summer i needed another solution. In fact, i might get my hands burnt this weekend?

Over the last year or so I've been waiting to buy some more convincing seats for the car. Last week some re-upholstered in Ferrari style seats came up for bids on ebay and i made a bid and i'm currently winning. In the same week these Ferrari F355 seats came up on ebay for £300 which is about £1500 cheaper than any i've seen before, so i can only assume the seller doesn't know the value of what he's selling. Needless to say i bought them. Problem i now have is if i don't get outbid on the first seats I'm going to be well out of pocket :crying_anim02:

Does anyone have any leads for me to either buy a new/ used soft top or anyone who can re-stress my existing one?..... Problem i have is the soft top is loose between ribs, the actual condition is fine. Also the MR2 ZZW30 soft top does not have the wings at the rear. A genuine f360 ST is around 3k but i don't know if that will fit, in addition, although many replicas have the ST i cannot find where they are getting it from?