Better get those winters on....

Tony

I need to fit mine on the Accord in the next couple of weeks.

I'm not sure what to do with the Lexus. We live on a steep hill and the missus drives around locally, which is hilly. I know there is less control with a hybrid on snow/ice and the traction control can't be turned off neither. I've been searching for a set of rims on ebay (same as what the car has) but they rarely come up for sale and the couple of sets that are on there are expensive.

I think Prius and some other Toyota wheels do fit but I don't think they'll look right, plus it means telling the insurance as they'll be smaller.

Its totally different over there , I spent a year in Labrador doing stuff like this , winter tyres are essential

6026.jpg

I'm toying with the idea of putting some winter wheels and tyres on the Prius , wife wants to hold off but by the time we need them it will be too late

Yes when you decide to get them it'll be too late. I did miss a couple of sets on ebay last month as they were too far to collect and they went for £150, which was cheap.

These are on there but collection only from Manchester - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-CT200h-17-Set-of-Alloy-Wheels-/162262006393

Or the facelift style, which are in Bristol, so abit easier to get to - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-Toyota-CT200H-Genuine-Alloy-Wheels-/201704532397

The trouble is 215/45/17 tyres are also expensive when compared to the Accord's size of 225/45/17 and even cheaper in a 205/55/16 if I got Prius wheels. I'm not sure they'll suit the car though - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Prius-Alloys-Wheel-Set-16-Inch-1-5-Hybrid-2004-2008-Alloy-Wheels-Set-/331762577240

Rich what is the offset on the wheels? Only I'm selling mine off the Focus 16" x 6.5J wheels offset 108 and tyres Continental 205/55R16 91H TS850 winter Contact. With wheel nuts, lockers, trims and covers.

If this means anything:

ET - 50, NH-5X, PCD - 108, CB - 63.4

Edited by Rich
Removed price

Its totally different over there , I spent a year in Labrador doing stuff like this , winter tyres are essential

This is the part I'm really not looking forward to!

Its really easy , everyone simply drives appropriately, it takes a bit of getting used to for us Brits , I sailed straight through a few junctions when I first arrived :) You drive so sedately you'll get a nose bleed when you get back on uk motorways  

Rich what is the offset on the wheels? Only I'm selling mine off the Focus 16" x 6.5J wheels offset 108 and tyres Continental 205/55R16 91H TS850 winter Contact. With wheel nuts, lockers, trims and covers.

If this means anything:

ET - 50, NH-5X, PCD - 108, CB - 63.4

Ford wheels won't fit, the PCD is 108, on the Lexus it's 100.

Yes PCD is the distance between the bolt holes.

I don't mind paying £200-£250 for a set of rims but when the tyres are over £100 each plus fitting you're looking at £700!

Anyone know if the Admiral (Diamond) group charge extra for changing the wheels?

• 1 month later...

Just picked up a set of genuine Lexus CT rims for £72 :) Bit of kerbing around the edge but they'll do for winter wheels.

I need to get some tyres now. Tony what brands are BB most competitive on for prices, especially in a 215/45/17, which doesn't seem a common size. I'm considering Nokian or Dunlop.

I won't be changing the tyre size, can't be arsed with having to tell the insurers. It's just annoying that the choice is limited compared to other sizes. I did fancy trying the Uniroyal winter tyres but they're not available in that size.