Favourite car battery

Funnily enough I've been reading about repairing them and some say use a hot glue gun or the resin is a good idea. Trouble is it's a sealed battery so how would I top it up?

I thought it might be dangerous to use like this but I guess it should be ok with an air compressor?

New battery arrived, this one had a polystyrene insert on the top that had sections cut out for the terminals. I can only assume whoever packed that first one didn't put this in.

So I've just got to decide how to sort the damaged one out, although I'm abit concerned about charging it. As it's had a knock is there going to be any risk at all with using it, even though it'll just be for the shed/compressor?

WP_20161115_18_30_15_Pro.jpg

Just switch the mains on in the house after you have connected the charger in the shed, oh and don't forget to set the camera to record first ;)

:lol: I think I'm just going to weigh it in or stick it on ebay for someone else to repair. I don't want to risk damaging my charger, the electrics, it exploding and so on - it's not worth the risk.

I used the old Varta battery to inflate the winter wheels, I drop them about 15psi when I store them so it was running the compressor for around 10 minutes. With the other battery I was using you could tell it was knackered as the compressor would slow down after a few minutes and really struggle.

The CTEK charged and conditioned the Varta battery yesterday and it took 12 hours, so I'm now going to keep it in the shed. How often should I charge it to make sure it lasts for as long as possible and would wrapping it in a towel keep it warmer in the shed?