IS300 Post Alignment

mperry

Just had my IS300 sportcross in for an alignment. It suffers the typical inner tire wear so had them bring in the camber angles too. Heres how it came off the rack. (Decimal degrees)

Left Front Camber: -.3o                    Right Front Camber: -.3o

Left Front Caster: 6.2o                     Right Front Caster: 5.8o

Left Front Toe: .05o                          Right Front Toe: .04o

Total Toe: .09o

Left Rear Camber: -.6o                     Right Rear Camber: -.6o

Left Rear Toe: .04o                           Right Rear Toe: .16o

Total Toe: .19o

It all seemed ok to me and at the time I did not put new tires on. Now 1500 miles later it seems like it might still be eating tires. I cant be sure because the old ones were not great. If these settings are true and accurate how much wear should I expect? (I had been running -.50 camber and got a little over 30,000 miles out of cheap tires)

Thanks to all for your help and comments.

Thank you for the feed back. I would say at -.5o I was seeing the inner 10% wear, after moving to -.3o I was thinking it was a wider area but couldn't be sure. This is the only car I have owned that has driven me absolutely crazy with front tire wear.

Thanks again. Awesome feedback, awesome site.

Point to note is that no setting fits all. That confined wear ( 10% ) of the total width and smooth is camber meaning in your case removing 10" would be wise. Another point is if the tyre is already worn and the geometry adjusted the low point on the tyre will remain giving the impression the problem remains.