Jaguar XF-R MY2012 5.0

liner33

£13k for an engine plus fitting 

Not worth the risk then.

Can you claim for an engine under insurance?

You can if its damaged through a theft or if you run through water and hydrolock it. Not sure if a part wears out and takes the rest of the engine with it  

You can if its damaged through a theft or if you run through water and hydrolock it. Not sure if a part wears out and takes the rest of the engine with it

That's what I thought and also damage by fire.

It's something I've never thought about before. Obviously with a low value car you'd scrap it or anything worth a few thousand wouldn't cost much to change the engine/rebuild it but with a car like yours it would be a lot different I'd imagine.

Warranty would cover it if it was still under manufacturer's or you had a separate policy but it's likely there would be a maximum claim.

Insurance wouldn't cover it and less it was damaged as a result of another claim. 

Cant reuse a pulley , even the one that was fitted by them will be chucked , another £200 down the drain 

But yes could fit a new pulley and supercharger and return to stock and retain warranty but wouldnt cover this bill 

• 2 months later...