Jaguar XF-R MY2012 5.0

liner33

Not great really , the Jag uses the rear brakes to control traction but when i turned that off completely it just sat on the spot spinning the wheels in 1st and 2nd . best time was 13.1@114 . Need better tyres :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well took the plunge with the XFR-S wheels , shod with P-Zeros (Couldnt stretch to MPSS), these ones are refurbed in shadow chrome 295/30/20 up from 285 and 265/35/20 up from 255

Cant believe how much they change the car

20170407_130040_zpseqb9sqyu.jpg

20170407_130714_zpslboh3jxp.jpg

Do you mean the way they are mounted or the tread pattern ?

I didnt really want P-zeros i had the option of Continentals Force contact tyres but they only have 4.8mm from new and wouldnt last long

Might pop up in a few weeks and get the alignment checked out

• 2 months later...

Grrr main dealer rip offs !

Jag is due a service , its only an interim/minor/A service so just an oil change

Jaguar have a fixed price scheme for vehicles over 3 years old and they state £199 for this service BUT it seems that this is voluntary and my local dealer wants £385.52 to do it , failing that the next nearest wants £458!

Unbelievable, for an oil change!  This is what i hate about main dealers, why cant they be a little more competitive, reminds me when BMW wanted to try and charge me £250 odd per tyre! 

Would have thought you would have done it yourself, unless you want the service book kept up to date

Ask the to brake the bill down?.... Or maybe they charge £300ph labour?

I did parts used = oil & oil filter drain plug* and screen wash , thats it

No separate costings for labour thats a fixed price

I have 2 years Jaguar warranty with the car so need to have a proper service done with Jag parts and stamp in the book . Otherwise I would DIY

*the car is designed for an oil extractor so i doubt they touch the sump plug