Jaguar XF-R MY2012 5.0

liner33

Well picked up the beast today

Dealer made a nice effort , never had this treatment buying a new car let alone a used one !

20161007_102105_zpsxwhkntdj.jpg

Got it home and its a quick wash and clay and good check over, no horrors with the bodywork just in desperate need of a clay and polish , went through almost 2 complete bars ! 

Its a little tight for the garage about 1/4 of a inch spare so might need a radiator removed to make parking safer

20161007_154557_zpsd17lbgr6.jpg

20161007_165330_zpsbad4xkba.jpg

20161007_165340_zpsths6ydvg.jpg

Yep there isnt a lot of engine to see , we are really thrilled with it though , went out for a meal last night and there are loads of nice little touches , for example there is a small led above the window controls that puts a gentle pool of light on them, also the dash lights automatically adjust to the ambient lighting although you still have control of them

Looks nice. Personally I don't like the light interior but that's me.

I've been looking for an XE for about four weeks up to six months old in either the Jetfire blue ( similar to yours ) or Italian Racing Red and the jet interior, but it has to have powerfold mirrors to safely get in the garage. Thought I'd found one this week a pre-reg and over £8k off list ........ it had everything but the dark interior.

Looks stunning :D

Yep there isnt a lot of engine to see , we are really thrilled with it though , went out for a meal last night and there are loads of nice little touches , for example there is a small led above the window controls that puts a gentle pool of light on them, also the dash lights automatically adjust to the ambient lighting although you still have control of them

I suppose you won't be doing much servicing on it yourself so the covers will help keep it all clean and easy to maintain.

I've been noticing that in the CT with the little touches - an LED light above the cup holders, footwell lights, lights under the wing mirrors. I found a setting on the speedo yesterday that you access from the steering wheel where you can change how the door locks operate, dash lighting and so on :)

No not had any time over the weekend but I will when I get a spare hour or 2!

That's pretty good, so manually worked out it's more likely to be 21-23mpg, which is the same as my Accord around town!

You cant predict that it could be +/- 1-2mpg different it could be 8-10mpg different . I took the speedo reading when I brimmed it so i'll work out the actual mpg next time i fill . Averages tend to be pretty close in my experience , trip readings tend to be much more inaccurate . If I can average 23mpg then it will be about the same as the supercharged zed and i'll be thrilled with that, I suspect this will be better on a long run though since 75mph is around 1500rpms and it was over 2000 in the Nissan

Yes the wheels are an option not sure if they are a cost or no cost option, they are called Draco and are 8.5" and 9.5" x 20 . These have a good standard spec but from what i can work out it has the black pack (grill and side chrome) front parking sensors, electric rear blind, 825w premium audio with DAB as cost options.

It is very quick , never had anything that can build speed like this , put your foot to the floor and by the time you hear the supercharger really start to whine you are into 3 figures . In dynamic mode it tightens up and the steering and throttle response become sharper, you can also flick the gearbox to sport and even full manual and switch to the paddles, its no Evo but you can chuck it around easily , it has the 8 speed ZF box as fitted to the M5 and others so not DCT but considered as good as . 

But in normal mode its quiet and like a magic carpet , really eats up the miles and sits at 1500rpm at 75mph.

Hell of a car for the money , a lot to be said for depreciation

Oh and chatting to another local owner a map and pulley change pushes it way over 600hp but i cant see that being a priority

Its a one owner car and the dealer gave me a full print out of the history and its been maintained at no expense , recent brakes and tyres all round should mean i dont have many bills until July time and its under Jag warranty for 2 years.

Sounds awesome! Yep I was really impressed when I tried one, in particular the power is unbelievable, most of all at the upper end it's relentless, just doesn't stop pulling hard!

That sounds very similar to the SV8 my brother bought a few years ago, was also a one owner car maintained at no expense and also had a new set of tyres put on despite him selling the car! The previous owner had swapped the SV8 for an XF-R, I wonder if it's the same owner  :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd do a little update , had the car for a couple of weeks now , been through a lot of fuel , mainly since I drive it all the time :) Its steady at 25-26mpg average, thats a few motorway trips but also a little hooning laying 11's off roundabouts - accidentally i might add 

Couldnt resist a pic this morning after the rain

20161025_110055_zpsufyqcz5w.jpg

20161025_110104_zpsozhk3hmj.jpg

So far I have fitted a dashcam , this time I went with the Blackvue DR650GW-1ch, its got some nice features ie Wi-fi which allows download to my phone or up to the cloud and like most of the Blackvue range is very discreet, wiring was a bit of a faff but eventually i did find some custom feeds already on the car , presumably due to an old tracking device

Oh and I replaced the key cover and remote case as they were a little tatty 

20161025_121013_zps25qc47wx.jpg

20161025_120959_zpsji2uf8mn.jpg

20161025_121038_zpsqx1hib5e.jpg

20161025_122148_zpscjfc9h5o.jpg

Car looks stunning  B)

Does that mean they now to the Blackvue 650 as a single channel version? Assuming that's cheaper than the 2CH I had to buy that's annoying  :rolleyes:

It's a good camera though, I've been really happy with mine, the wifi functions are really handy as well.

Looks great, nice beading! :D

I had to google a tile, never heard of them but they sound like useful gadgets.

I want to get a dash cam for the Lexus but would like it hard wired, although I don't think I'll attempt it myself.