Mercedes E class pulling to the left

Leon

Well, they've really starred today.

After buying the 2 adjustment bolts and them telling me they'd perform any adjustments I wanted, they're now saying they're "not comfortable" staggering the castor as they'd be liable for any wear of other problems resulting from the adjustments, and that they're not happy only having 2 bolts fitted.

They obviously just haven't got a clue what they're doing. They've wasted so much of my time. Not happy.

Rubbish..... The datum MB offer are a suggestion not law. In addition the castor will not wear the tyres unless it's ridiculously wrong. Also them saying unhappy about staggering the castor they don't know if the adjustments stay within the MB tolerance because they haven't fitted them

• 3 weeks later...

Success!

Took it to a local place that clearly know what they’re doing and it’s all sorted now. They said they usually fit both bolts on the camber, but did as I asked them from what Tony suggested and it all fell into place nicely.

The car is driving like a dream now. Straight as an arrow.

The hand written figures are the after on castor. He forgot to do another castor sweep.

Thanks again for the advice, Tony.

314ccv7.jpg

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Good Evening,

Im after some help, my Mercedes e class coupe pulling to the left (having to keep right hand slightly on steering to keep it in a straight line). I’ve had 4 wheel alignment done using hunter system and it still pulls to the left (actually feels worse). Any help or advice would be appreciated. I have attached URL of Hunter readout

https://www.dropbox.com/s/db2u1cm6wzz88el/Photo 23-05-2020%2C 18 58 54.jpg?dl=0

Hello Ross

Before i get technical about the geometry. Did anything get done between the time is wasn't pulling and now.

I can see issues with the geometry report but i need to be sure there was no other trigger for the pull.

Hi Tony 

I have Recently changed the front springs, drop links and OSF Track control arm, but to be honest, it’s always pulled to the left since I’ve owned it (3 years)

The reason why I had the 4 wheel alignment done was due to the recent new parts.

Ross

Okay it does read like a geometry issue..... We need to acquire an image of the chassis and advise/ quote from there.

The good news is unlike the dealers we only charge for what we correct rather than give a absolute cover all  price.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...