Mohair roof sealer that can be used wet

Rich

I'd get something like this - stick it in a baking tray and leave on the seat. When it turns green it's fully saturated, stick it in the oven until it turns back orange again and repeat.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1000g-1kg-BONUS-100g-BAG-Silica-Gel-Desiccant-Self-Indicating-Loose-/111737656127?hash=item1a0415533f:g:340AAOSwu4BVm9lH

That looks ideal with the colour change, might get that then. I do have some bags already but you can't see if they work or not.

It says they need to be sealed in bags though?

I think that's referring to putting them in the open air. I'd keep them in the bag, and only pour them out when you're in the car.

At this point though you're just testing a theory - if this removes the water then you know it's condensation and not soaking through the roof.

• 1 month later...

I had a couple of silica boxes i put under the seats and they worked in the fact they turned from blue to red when they had absorbed moisture. Microwave for 30 secs on low and put them back in.

That said though you shouldnt really need them really. Of course there will always be a bit of condensation but nothing the blower can't over come. I've not had any major issues really and the above was only a precaution whilst it was sat in the garage and doors not opened etc etc....

On a related note i only use Autoglym hood cleaner and protector with the sponge supplied. Its a great product which cleans the hood up nicely and beads up for a long time. Probably only need to do it every 3 months or so but i do it whenever i clean the car.