Mohair roof sealer that can be used wet

Rich

I bought a bottle of Renovo to treat it with shortly after getting the MX5 but I didn't get the time to do it when it was dry, it can't be applied in the wet. As I was planning to have the car off the road over winter and covered up I wasn't in too much of a rush to get it done and was going to do it in the spring.

The car hasn't moved for 2 weeks and I got in it this morning to find the inside has alot of condensation and parts of the roof has water droplets on it. Is there anything I can buy that can be used in the wet until I get the time to treat it properly when it's warmer?

The trouble is it's forecast rain for at least all of this week and it's soaked through already in places. How long will it take to dry a roof with a hairdryer? If I did that and then it rained I'd be pretty annoyed too! :lol:

With the Civic being off the road I'm still using the car though so won't be covering it at all now, I've not even bought one yet.

I already have a dehumidifer bag on the parcel shelf but they can only absorb so much moisture, I probably need to get a bag of salt and put it in a tub.

I need to get a sealer on the roof now really.

I'm sure they are because it's a wear and tear item.

I wouldn't call the roof a wear and tear item - of course it has to be detachable like any body part but not in a straightforward way.

I know for example the roof on the 360 couldn't simply be detached and taken indoors!

I have no idea how the roof comes off I would need to look but I don't have anything to cover the car with even if I did remove it.

I'll have a look at the Autoglym one then but it sounds like it would still need to be dried out abit.

I'm sure they are because it's a wear and tear item.

I wouldn't call the roof a wear and tear item - of course it has to be detachable like any body part but not in a straightforward way.

I know for example the roof on the 360 couldn't simply be detached and taken indoors!

They wear because of the fold down meaning the ribs dig in.

They wear because of the fold down meaning the ribs dig in.

Which is why you shouldn't leave a convertible roof open for extended periods.

Know what you mean though but still wouldn't call it wear and tear, I think of brakes and tyres as wear and tear - any body parts aren't really wear and tear but may need replacement at some point as with anything.

Yeah but a fabric roof isn't really a body part and the action alone will wear fabric.

It is part of the body though, just made of a different material. Yes it will wear, but in the same way a metal body panel can rust. I've seen old cars where the body has rusted away but the roof still looks fine - in that case which is the wear and tear item? :)

The roof is only fabric with no insulation and the car wasn't used for 2 weeks over Xmas. I might see if I can get away with leaving it until spring and use the renovo I have already bought.