Trolley Jack

SHAHZ

I'd want something beefier to lift your cars. My old jack struggled to lift my Accord so had to replace it, see my thread here - http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=11747&page=1

Have you checked the minimum and maximum lift heights?

I'd go for something like this - http://www.sgs-engineering.com/garage-equipment/trolley-jacks/tj3-garage-3-ton-trolley-jack

Although I highly recommend the Arcan one from Costco :)

Look on my link above the Costco one is on there.

Where are the jacking points on the BMW? You need to measure the height to it as that jack you linked to doesn't go very high. The one I used before on the rear of the Accord didn't even lift it off the ground at max height!

The Costco one is fine for yours, you're only lifting one corner or axle at a time not the whole weight of the car.

Do you have a garage or can you wheel the jack to where it's stored? A 3T jack will be so heavy you won't be able to carry it!

• 1 month later...

Where are you keeping it? It's heavy at around 8 stone so if you need to carry it that's going to break your back! Mine is just over half the weight and it gives my arms a workout carrying it to the shed! :lol:

So you'll wheel it through the house? That'll go down well with the missus once it starts getting dirty! :lol:

I could wheel mine up to the shed on the grass but when it's wet I don't want the jack getting ruined.

We use ones exactly like that Shahz

That's good to know, looks a good bit of kit and will get no where near the use you guys put it through, so should be set for life and for my boys :lol:

Ordered yesterday around 3, had been delivered before I got home from dropping the kids at school!

Picked up the box and it's more than manageable :)

That's good to know, looks a good bit of kit and will get no where near the use you guys put it through, so should be set for life and for my boys :lol:

Ordered yesterday around 3, had been delivered before I got home from dropping the kids at school!

Picking it up and walking with it are 2 different things! :lol: I used mine this morning and was trying to imagine it being twice the weight. It should be fine but I wouldn't want to carry it for long.

I want to extend the path up the garden but the missus ain't keen. Then she moans when I make a mud path in the winter going to the shed and back! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Picking it up and walking with it are 2 different things! :lol: I used mine this morning and was trying to imagine it being twice the weight. It should be fine but I wouldn't want to carry it for long.

I want to extend the path up the garden but the missus ain't keen. Then she moans when I make a mud path in the winter going to the shed and back! :lol:

Lool,you can't win :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Well they picked it up and I thought I cant be bothered to go through that again and went and got an Arcan one!

2A377DA4-EBD4-4F6F-80F4-8C855F578B55.jpg

Used it today for the first time to take the 20s off.

A877A37F-7BA9-4C5D-B28F-6495865BD665.jpg

With the weather being so mild, I'll probably take the winters off as soon an I've had the rear 20 refurbed!!