Mirroring NCB

Has anyone done this before and with what insurer as I know not all of them allow it? I know Greenlight do and I'll be getting a quote with them. It needs to be a mod friendly insurer as well.

Did they apply the full NCB discount as if you had transferred them from one policy to another rather than mirroring? Or did you find it was still more but had been discounted to some level compared to starting a new policy with 0 NCB?

Hi Rich

We can offer mirrored NCB (i.e.the equivalent discount) on our scheme.

Thanks Tim, that's good to know. The only thing putting me off is your minimum premium as I'm at an age now where insurance is under £300 and quotes with my NCB, assuming the mirrored discount is applied the same are around £250.

Admiral do. They mirrored my NCB for my wife when we had a multicar policy with them

I've just left Admiral with the other cars but they are coming out the cheapest on confused.com but I don't think these comparison sites apply mirrored NCB. I put in 0 but that I have another car with 11 years NCB but it came out more so I don't think they're reliable for this.

I'm struggling with this concept a little Rich. "Minimum premium" from an insurance broker? Does that mean that it makes no difference how much the policy actually costs after NCD and suchlike, it's going to cost you at least £300 because "that's the lowest we're prepared to offer anyone"?

How strange.

Well my first quote is already £299 mirroring my current NCB.

So can you not offer anyone a policy for under £300 Tim? I know you're not the only company to do this, I have seen others specify a minimum price but it's usually around the £200-£250 mark.

Looks like I can get classic car insurance, which doesn't need NCB, never knew that. Fully comp, 3k miles, commuting, mods declared, legal cover, agreed valuation and trackday for £251!! :o

Classic car insurance on the Accord?

No I sorted the Accord's insurance last month. This is for something else I'm looking in to and why I was asking about mirroring the NCB from that policy to another one so I don't have to pay twice as much starting with 0 NCB.

As it happens the car is old enough (with some companies) to be classed as a classic and I didn't realise you don't even need NCB for those kind of policies, you just need another main car or access to one.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like I can get classic car insurance, which doesn't need NCB, never knew that. Fully comp, 3k miles, commuting, mods declared, legal cover, agreed valuation and trackday for £251!! :o

This is the cover I went with in the end and I can add mods with no extra charge - really impressed with that! :)