Settings

scorps

My 5series is having a track rod fitted this week but I'm getting the pair done together (advisory on MOT) this will obviously put the geo out and I can't get to WIM central for at least a couple of weeks and I have a M/Way journey next Saturday so is there specific settings that it needs?

cant advise on settings as such but surely as long as they measure and fit the new rod with the same length you will bin the ball park enough to can wait until you get to Wim? or am i missing something with the 5 Series?

If they only set the front then the toe is + 8' total so + 4' each side but if they also set the rear toe then ballast MUST be added to the tune of 160kg or until the body reaches the target trim height indicated by the machine. The reason there's no need to ballast if only the front is set is because the toe won't deviate with ballast but the rear with the multi link four arms will deviate and since the front is set using the rear thrust line then the reference needs to be true.