Thoughts on my 350z geo :-)

RobPhoboS

Good news and irritating news !

Firstly, Joe is brilliant and very patient - top guy you have there  :thumbsup_anim: 
Got the car up on the ramp and I said to him I'd noticed a knocking sound over speed bumps/rough surfaces, so I had been driving very carefully as I assumed it was a nut that wasn't tight.
Unfortunately we were confronted with this AGAIN !

IMAG1565_zps9nun3jti_small_zpst24pijsp.j

So this now suggests that it's this particular monoball bushing that's at fault.
(no hard driving at all)
We took it out, and it dropped into the arm about 3/4 of the way then Joe pressed it in the rest. It's still holding up now and looks like this:
IMAG1567_zpsh7scxffw_small_zpszb3twq26.j

So luckily he was able to continue with the geo this time  :lol:

And this is where we're at now:
IMAG1566_1_zpssw7s2nyc_small_zpsxpc4jtb8

Obviously I've emailed SPL, hopefully they'll send out a new one and I can replace it and finally get a track day booked.

• 8 months later...

I shall be back again soon  :lol:

Sadly the Bilstein suspension is off, I found with the SPL metal bushings the ride became quite harsh and irritating. I found myself scanning the road constantly for drain covers, twigs, leaves and so on.

It's simply due to the gassing they've chosen to pressurise their shocks with, meaning it takes more force to get them working, usually that's completely fine when you're on rubber bushings but not the metal ones.

Great shocks but a bad combination I didn't consider.

I'm now on Meister R GT1's (first in the UK on the Z), and these feel fantastic !
There were plenty of options to go for, KW V3 were going to be my decision but I opted out for a couple of reasons.

The GT1's have hugely reduced the harshness, and now of course I can dial up or down the rebound/compression quickly and easily for track fun.

:thumbsup_anim:

I'll book a tweak again during February :)

Jerrick who owns Meister is a very driven guy forever perfecting the range which in my opinion is the way to evolve.. Some companies out there simply migrate one good build design to cover all, well in my book that doesn't work :thumbsdown_anim:

• Like 1

Yeah I thought with the camber I was quite lucky, maybe a tad too much on the rear but still not bad.

I can only assume it's because the car is sitting slightly lower but I spent some time trying to get them close to the same height.