My wife's 15 year old Fiesta

P4UL T

3 hours ago, Tony said:

Time to sell?

Na, for what we would get for it we would never get another without spending a load more cash and to be honest she don't need anything better as she uses it so little. Also on a different car it may come with issues/problems. This seems to be trouble free.

Plus it costs peanuts to run.

Insurance for us both : £109

MOT : £25

Tax: £155

I change the oil myself now every couple of years and I've not had to spend a penny on repairs for a long while.

• 11 months later...

A huge 428 miles :o and a year later its MOT time.

I've found a great little independent family run garage that I can really trust. So therefore it was tested by a different MOT station to last year.

It passed again with flying colours, although an advisory for wear on the NSF tyre, obviously that's not the cars fault and just consumables.

Very pleased.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I forgot to update this.

The car is now 21 years old and has now covered just 16500 miles.

She passed her last MOT in March with only an advisory for the same tyre it had the advisory for  last year :smile_anim: lol after 985 since the previous test.

Uncharacteristically it needed a repair last week!!!!  The exhaust flexi pipe started blowing, a quick, easy and cheap fix.

The clutch bite point is very low to the floor now,  but its not slipping, so I'll see how long it lasts.

Really? 16.5k miles in 21 years? 

That's incredible, my wife's corolla is an 02 plate and has 167k miles on the clock. 

That really is low mileage, how many oil changes has it had?