Missus just had a minor accident

Rich

I might able to but I'd have to ask as it'll be modifying the exterior, they still haven't got back to me about the that tumble dryer vent, I'll have to chase them.

The space between both walls is big enough, you can drive in and out easily but when you have 2 or even 3 cars on the driveway that wall is a pain. Our house is probably the only one left on the road that has a wall out the front, next door have shortened theirs. Ideally I'd remove the section of wall on the right so it's almost to where the flowerbed is in the corner. Google maps use wide lenses so the space looks alot bigger than what it actually is.

I'm not sure how to remove a section of wall neatly though, I guess I'd need to cut it where the new end would be and smash the rest but what would be left underneath? If we buy it I'd get the driveway redone anyway, it's a mess ATM.

Untitled-1.jpg

Must be a wide angle lens, was just thinking that gap looks massive!

Up to the flower bed seems sensible, think it would be more attractive as well. And yes, angle grinder all the way round, then knock down with a big hammer :)

To make it really tidy I'd brick up the edge again.

The gap between the Civic and where the edge of the right hand wall is, is a little wider than a car but it does depend on how close you park to the gate as well. The photo makes it look massive so just shows how wide their lenses are.

I didn't think of an angle grinder, good idea but will bits of brick be flying everywhere?

It's abit silly doing that without getting a dropped kerb first. There are a few houses down this road who don't have them but still park on the driveways, I don' think they're as fussy around here. One guy is even building a driveway now, been doing it himself for weeks by hand (!!!) yet doesn't have a dropped kerb, unless he is getting one put in when it's finished.

Rich during this miserable time when unexpected money is departing from your account,  let me make things seem a lot better.....

Elaine was reversing the Vectra in her works underground car park and she tapped the bumper of a Merc. Elaine being the person she is found the owner and confessed to the 2p size paint chip ( no dent ) and the women said she would get a quote.... It's my company car so to save the insurance i was going to pay for the repair... The owner took the car to a Merc dealership and sent me the quote of £990 :o I said to Elaine for that money she's have all the stone chip sprayed as well :angry2: ..... So now we are going through the insurance and the repair was done.... Here's the best part the final bill was £2900 :sad01_anim: Oh and just by chance all the stone chips all over the car magically healed themselves.. We questioned the insurance company who have now informed the owner they will only pay the £990 as agreed :smile_anim:

Ouch, I bet your insurance has gone up alot as well? Good job you told them about the stone chips, so who covered that the owner or their insurance company?

Looks like I need a new bumper for the Civic, a bracket has snapped off. I might be able to weld it on but there isn't much surrounding material. I've put it on as best I can but it's still sticking out slightly.

I'll have to find the control box for the sensors and test them individually. Standing behind them gave different results so I'm not sure if they work properly or not.

Sounds a bit of a nightmare there Tony, although £1000 for a bumper respray might not be far off from a Merc dealer - the £2900 was taking the p*ss though  :o 

Insurance companies have got a lot tougher about bogus claims though, I'm surprised they did that unless the other owner lied about the amount of damage.

Rich might be easier to get a new set of sensors, particularly if you're getting a new bumper - prob isn't worth the hassle when the kits are so cheap.

Rich might be easier to get a new set of sensors, particularly if you're getting a new bumper - prob isn't worth the hassle when the kits are so cheap.

Yes I'll get some colour coded ones as black on green/blue stands out too much. I need to look at my reversing kit as well, it's not worked since I got the car.