Skoda Octavia VRS TSI DSG Estate

liner33

• 2 months later...

It's finding the time that's the problem for me, especially in winter with the short days. I need a garage, could put the car in there when it's washed and then polish/wax it when it's dark outside.

What's your normal wash routine now liner, how long does it take?

It's finding the time that's the problem for me, especially in winter with the short days. I need a garage, could put the car in there when it's washed and then polish/wax it when it's dark outside.

What's your normal wash routine now liner, how long does it take?

30 mins or so , snow foam and rinse then wash and rinse, dont dry it this time of year , did this one and the Prius in an afternoon including doing tyre pressures , oil and washer fluid etc

• 3 weeks later...

How do you find the DSG box on your motor mate? The dual clutch setup on the Clio is very good, Its fast to change and does it when expected and the full auto mode is lazy enough to be relaxing. Its making an ideal compromise of a commuter car and a bit of fun, but i am half tempted to chop it in and go for a DSG Golf Gti. I only had a single drive of a DSG 1.4 polo a couple of years ago and that must of been shagged as it was changing at the wrong time and lunging forwards after a large delay on the gas pedal. Was awful! :)

Its fine , i am kinda used to them though , there is a slight delay when pulling away but you dont notice it after a while especially if you have start/stop , the octy is a 6 speed wet clutch box my previous Fabia was the 7 speed dry clutch box and that was a little more aggressive , felt sportier

Yeah the Clio is dry which probably explains the change speed performance. Made by Getrag which is nice to know!

I think i might go and test one. I am used to the initial lag as i have start/stop also. When the engine is running theres a fraction of a second delay as the clutch releases but thats acceptable.

• 1 year later...

Well just had its service and first mot , time flies. Just gone over 20,000 miles, my use has gone down a lot since the Jag and I often use the wifes Prius when she is in the USA which is every 2 weeks 

So far its been perfect , fitted new front tyres at around 16,000 miles, they were Continentals Sports Contact 5 and wore quickly and my driving didnt help, I replaced them with Goodyear Eagle F1 and I have been disappointed with them in the cold, I might consider replace the lot for something sportier in the summer, something like Mich PS4s. 

My local skoda dealer offered me the next 2 services for £452 that includes brake fluid, air con and mot's so snapped that up, I have the 5 years optional warranty on it  

Like the Prius it was on pcp and the balloon payment was £10800 and like the Prius we are paying for it , its worth about £14500 I think so again there is no downside to buying it 

I would consider the Superb 280 4x4 but the new deals are not very attractive (6.3% apr instead of the 2.8% i got with this one) , that might change or might not , what with my son going to Uni I might end up trading it and the Jag for something special and using his C1 as a run around 

Result on the MOT but in truth i wouldn't expect anything less.... PS4's are trusted on the high enders but the first .5 to 1.0 mm is like pencil rubber and not all that in the cold. Seems like your going to need to make some hard choices in the future, keep it and pay the final installment or reinvest and move on and up?

Sounds like it's been a great car. What would you trade it and the Jag in for? I know you've said before you don't really do supercars so I'm intrigued. Tesla maybe?

You get more miles out of tyres than I do. The front tyres on all my cars get less than 10k miles. The Lexus had new front tyres when we got it at 59k miles and 13k miles later they will need replacing very soon but the missus mainly drives it.

Yep the payment comes out this month so we will be paying for it and the Prius , so expensive month , but we had the money saved 

I'm think of trading the Jag and the Octavia for a R35 GTR but I'd still need to find about £15k I think . I'm thinking of replacing the wifes Prius with the new electric jag but will wait until all the teething problems get sorted so that will be at least a year