Skoda Octavia VRS TSI DSG Estate

liner33

Is it as resilient as it suggests? And does it require special care to maintain it or does it mean you can be less fussy about the washing process?

Truth is i dont know, its the first time for me, its meant to last 12-18 months. I have a mate who is a detailer on the coast and uses a similar product and reckons seagull poo wont mark the paint with this on.

Car should stay cleaner longer and should be easier to wash as well as more resilient to marking , after washing you top up with a spray product like a quick detailer. 

It is however more fiddly to use and its not cheap

• 4 months later...

Just come back from 1500 miles driving to France , then Belgium (Ypres and Bruges) , then onto Amsterdam

Using the tunnel wasn't as good as past years but not as bad as the papers would have you believe.

Car behaved faultlessly as expected averaged almost 42mpg on one trip and whole trip average was over 38mpg which isn't bad considering the amount of stuff we had in it and the queuing at the chunnel

The headlights automatically dipping to the right is a very nice touch , it works off the Sat Nav and you get this warning everything you start up

20150815_120610_zpsqxjb1l8g.jpg

Being able to set the digital speedo and cruise to kmh made life easier as well

Super Unleaded was just over £1 per litre also !

The headlights automatically dipping to the right is a very nice touch , it works off the Sat Nav and you get this warning everything you start up

That's very clever!

Are there still many people around the tunnel trying to get through? Thought that sort of went in waves rather than a continuous influx?

That's very clever!

Are there still many people around the tunnel trying to get through? Thought that sort of went in waves rather than a continuous influx?

We didn't see any but I think they are entered around the frieght area. Op stack was still going when we left and there are still 150 or so breaking in every night . The frequent tunnel searches are delaying operations as well , can't help feeling that a lot of news is being kept from the public

Last Friday there were 5-6 hour delays leaving Folkestone according to Twitter , we were shifted off our booked trains on both journeys thanks to delays

We didn't see any but I think they are entered around the frieght area. Op stack was still going when we left and there are still 150 or so breaking in every night . The frequent tunnel searches are delaying operations as well , can't help feeling that a lot of news is being kept from the public

Last Friday there were 5-6 hour delays leaving Folkestone according to Twitter , we were shifted off our booked trains on both journeys thanks to delays

Must be a nightmare for the people who work there  :(

Can't they just put a couple of snipers above the tunnel entry?  :whistle:

They've put in more fences, razor wire, more sniffer dogs and private security so hopefully should improve the situation. They say 150 attempts a night now - but how do they know because the don't know how many are getting through. Also, some are now moving to other ports as they are easier than Calais is now.

• 1 year later...

Not updated this one for an age , guess thats a good thing. No issues at all with the car, mpg seems to have settled to around 36mpg which is pretty awesome really , had it on the dyno at my old work and it made well over the standard figures of 216hp  which is fairly typical for Skodas in my experience, it does feel pretty quick , as a day to day car its plenty 

img002_zpsuqfwxiqo.jpg

I've been using the Jag of late so thought I would give the Skoda a really good winter detail as it lives outside  , so the usual washing and then polishing with Reflect etc then one coat of Poorboys EX-P sealant , followed by two coats of Chemical Guys Jetseal 109 followed by two coats of Petes 53 wax , then finally Zaino z8 . Left it a day in between each coat to full cure , the idea is that the Jetseal will last at least until the spring if topped with wax and it added such a depth of gloss I was stunned . Going to do the same with the Jag now

20161111_125813_zpsthp9kdk7.jpg

20161111_125442_zpsug3jhxth.jpg

20161111_125435_zpsyjs4fgoy.jpg

Looks brilliant! When you left it a day between coats did you wash it first? Or was it kept in the garage ?

yes luckily i have the garage so its easy to build it up

Started on the jag today so thats squeezed in the garage and after one coat its look pretty good as well

That mpg is pretty good, where is the car usually driven, town or motorway?

Handy having that garage. When we move I'm not getting a house without one or it at least needs the space to build one!

Mix average , on a long trip it will do 42mpg at a steady 80mph