Skoda Octavia VRS TSI DSG Estate

liner33

Looks lovely, that is a great colour, particularly in the sun. Shame about the wheel but I wouldn't let it get you down, surely a refurb would be sufficient and won't need a new wheel?

When I returned to the car, someone had scraped a vehicle all down the side of it and driven off.

That is disgusting, and on a brand new car makes it even worse.

a4f14991fe97b4c408f1835a3433b5fc_zpsyfyb

It's not the end of the world , just annoying .

At least it was me that did it and not someone else , people just don't have respect anymore . I once had the drivers door of my car kicked in by a petulant teenager , couldn't do anything about it and the car was mint , like Sagitar I still seeth about it 25 years on

The silvery bit is actually raised up by a mm or so and Ive ground that off

I think some time with a dremmel and some touch up will hide it well

I enjoyed playing with the lane assist on the way home , good system

Drove one of those new Volvos last week with adaptive cruise control. I love the way it brakes for you. After a while I put it to the test and followed a car off the motorway down the slip road to the roundabout. It slowed me down and brought me to a stand still behind the car in front without me even touching the brake pedal!!!

Modern technology is great but doesn't features like these take away the enjoyment of driving?

I don't really enjoy driving on motorways, personally I'd love to have adaptive cruise on motorway journeys. I'm also less bothered by the awful driving of others as well when I'm not the one having to brake and accelerate each time :)

True motorway driving isn't great. I assume you can turn these features on and off? What I hate about my cruise control is having to keep setting it all the time after braking (I know that's normal) when there's abit of traffic and you get middle lane hoggers and slow drivers! I take it the adaptive version slows and speeds the car up accordingly?

True motorway driving isn't great. I assume you can turn these features on and off? What I hate about my cruise control is having to keep setting it all the time after braking (I know that's normal) when there's abit of traffic and you get middle lane hoggers and slow drivers! I take it the adaptive version slows and speeds the car up accordingly?

Yep they can all be switched off if required, our Merc has normal cruise so have to do the same thing of switching it on and off, would be so much easier if it was adaptive!

Exactly that, the adaptive cruise uses radar to adjust your speed depending on what's in front. Have tried it a few times and it's such a great feature.

You just flick resume if you brake , its only one button :)

The radar thing is a bit unsightly imo on the Octavia and being a little ocd i can imagine it as a fly funnel in the summer !

Header-OctaviaVRSHatch_zps2wwvkpfu.jpg

First clean , snow foamed , shampoo'ed , polished with Car Pro Reflect, wiped down to Envy Filler Killer to decontamiate and then coated with Cquartz , then Reload

Has to cure for 24 hours now :(

P1000917_zpsgrss9y2a.jpg

P1000913_zps0ges33za.jpg

P1000901_zpsglpjf9qf.jpg

P1000899_zpsws0jws06.jpg

P1000893_zpsn75wnzcv.jpg

some pics of the variable boot floor , makes the loading platform flat

P1000892_zpsx6owpody.jpg

P1000890_zpsn0mtz6vg.jpg

No excuse not the de-ice the car , there is a scraper behind the fuel flap

P1000889_zpsqolxvokq.jpg