Modified insurance - whos good right now?

Steve-O

I have a funny feeling my insurance on the 5 might have expired last year without any kind of reminders :blink: The cars been mainly in workshops past this time and trailered about so no harm done, but now brings around the need to sort insurance.

Who are you guys using for modified insurance right now ? Previously with Sky (Chaucer). I'd like to try and get the price down a bit on last year as its not doing any serious mileage these days.

Cheers

Steve

I was with Sky but don't drive modified cars now so with Admiral, however I wouldn't go back to Sky, not after they wouldn't refund my credit that was left on my account. I still haven't got around to sorting that out!

I always used to get a quote from Greenlight when renewing cos they always gave a good price so I'd definitely try them. Have you tried the forum sponsor?

I've gone with Greenlight. Shout out to Neil who sorted me out and also owns a modified Mx5 :thumbs:

Will teach me for not shopping around last year its almost half the price of last year and not far off when the car was standard back in 2009 :lol: ! All the bells and whistles and track day cover at a very reasonable rate.

Disappointed with Sky as i didnt get a renewal through and the chap who i dealt with left the company so it looks like i slipped through the cracks there - their loss!

Nice one :)

How do the NCB work on all your cars cos you have the Audi's as well don't you? When you got the MX5 did you have to start with zero?

Who did you deal with at Sky? They do seem to have gone downhill, my renewal quote for the Accord was stupid so just told them I weren't renewing.

Its a funny old system as i was able to move my NCB over to the MX5 when i got rid of my Nissan so i didnt start on 0. I've accumilated a seperate set of NCB on the Audis but the missus is the main driver on the estate so she keeps hers alive.

I used to deal with Ollie at Sky but it looks like hes left to do other things. Its a shame as i used to enjoy being able to contact them directly via email. They helped me out big time as well when i needed a copy of my insurance emailed over just as i was leaving the country at the eurotunnel a couple of years back for Le Mans. I would have got into bother if i got pulled in france otherwise!