2015 Toyota Prius T spirit

liner33

Unlucky, hope the damage isn't too bad. I'm sure driving instructors would probably be happy to take money off you to teach parking but is it just a case of not paying enough attention?

Yes I think so , its getting a bit of a joke now , every single car she has had have been damaged like this as well as at least three of mine !

We did take out cover for small parking accidents on the Prius , its going to come in handy , watch Toyota's profits tumble !

Think the wheel is damaged as well but thats not covered

We did take out cover for small parking accidents on the Prius , its going to come in handy , watch Toyota's profits tumble !

Is that from Toyota themselves then? And they cover minor repairs without needing to go through your insurance?

Just make her drive an old s**t car, or put old tyres and the other things boats have when they bump into each other.

Fine her £1000 for you to spend on whatever you choose without ANY question from her, every time she bumps a car.

Good luck, I'm sure like me it will come out as "yes dear"

Just make her drive an old s**t car, or put old tyres and the other things boats have when they bump into each other.

Fine her £1000 for you to spend on whatever you choose without ANY question from her, every time she bumps a car.

Good luck, I'm sure like me it will come out as "yes dear"

Loool!

Sorry to hear this, but heyho, these things happen, fingers crossed you can bird out the damage on the third parties car!

Well had a long chat with the other driver yesterday , an extremely nice chap who doesn't wish to pursue a claim , he says the damage is too minor to bother , having seen the pics i wouldn't feel that way but i feel he has bigger fish to fry as his wife is ill

I offered to detail his car for him and do what I can with this scratch and another he mentioned so alls well from that point

Still very annoyed with the missus , the damage isnt too bad just a scrape on the bumper , it may polish out to some degree but will probably need repainting really , not going to get involved she can decide if she wants it fixed

Could be worse i know , first world problem really

Elaine scratched the valance on the beamer two days after we got the car and thought i would go mad...... Well i asked did you mean to do it "no" then it's an accident learn by it and don't do it again.

The other driver in your case reads like he has much more important things going on and your offer to detail is hand on heart compensation so i salute you for that.

• 4 weeks later...

I finally got around to having a go at the damage , wet sanded 2000 then 3000 then machine polished , went through the paint unfortunately but not a lot i could do about that , looks a lot better

20150706_092215_zpsgzhwrt58.jpg

They look ideal and seem a good price compared to the sheets I've seen. Do you use them with the sanding block, is it easier than using sheets?

yep you get a small circular block like the end of a walking stick and the paper sticks on

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polishing-accessories/wet-sanding/scholl-concepts-sanding-bloc-kit/prod_1072.html