My mk2 Mondeo

When I first did the lowering The steering wheel went off centre by about 10 degrees (I think I've said that before). Overnight the car is parked front upwards on a slight slope. Before the change the car would roll backwards by just taking off the handbrake. After the lowering it wouldn't do this and would need a bit of reverse gear. I adjusted the OSF tracking to give more toe in (not very accurately) and that pulled the steering wheel back centre and the car will roll backwards again. BUT I overdid it and like I say the OSF wheel now shows lots of positive camber on full lock now.

No Tony. I think I just over did my tracking adjustment on the OSF. The feeling after lowering was that both front wheels were toe out and negative camber. They both looked that way by looking down the side of the car. Not by much but enough to be seen. I reckon I shouldve adjusted both front wheels for tracking but I only did the one (and probably too much) because this straightened the steering wheel. We'll see tomorrow I guess. The OSF tyre is deffo wearing on the outside edge now.

How have you been adjusting the toe, by sight or using gauges? Even so adjusting it that much shouldn't really affect the camber.

Noooooooooooooo, no guages, just by eye. Yes yes yes, I know Rich but I was skint and the steering wheel was off centre and and and....

Seriously, I appreciate I've overdone the adjustment Rich.

Looking at the OSF tyre, the outer edge has what my old motorbike mates used to call feathering. The leading edge of every tread block is worn more than the trailing edge with the trailing edge showing signs of lipping. The tyre gets much warmer than the NSF too

I'm not preaching was just wondering :) I had a go at adjusting the rear toe when I fitted my uprated rear arms on the Mondeo (just to get me to WIM) and got it very wrong! The car was crabbing badly.

I'm sure feathering is from the toe being out. It will be interesting to see the before/after printout.

South Woodham Ferrers, Essex. Long way but worth it as I'm certain WIM will do a good job. Address in me Tom Tom 1 hour 30 mins it says. Be there for about 1.45

I know it well, that's where my brother lives, I'm originally from Hockley before I moved up here :)

That time sounds about right.

• Like 1

Job done and back home. Both fronts were too much toe in and the OSR was the same. I didn't ask the name of the guy that did the job but I assume it was Joe. He listened to my babble about what I'd done to the car, he questioned why one of the rear shocks was fitted into the knuckle less than the other and agreed my explanation was OK. I'll get a picture up in a mo of the print out. Car drives lovely now. Thanks you guys.