Thoughts on MK3 NC MX5 replacement exhaust

The stock Exhaust on the Mk3 doesn't do the car any favors in the sound department. You guy's at WIM must have seen / heard hundreds of various aftermarket exhaust on Mk3's by now - so the question is what do you think looks / sounds the best....perhaps you can give us an indication of your top 3 choices and characteristics of each ?

Cheers - Norton

(PS : write up / review coming shortly on the BC's Joe fitted on Friday - loving the set up so far - now want the car to sound like it drives :) )

I look forward to the write up.......

I'm trying to remember what is the most popular fitments but the problem i have is i don't fit the exhausts but i do hear the differences between them. Maybe have a chat with Joe, i'm sure he will remember.

Milltek have an application for the NC, it is, in my eyes, the best aftermarket sports exhaust for the MK3. Its looks, sound and build quality are incredible, that is reflected in the price though. For the "cat back" system supplied and fitted it's around £790inc. The rear silencer and tailpipes on their own come in at just under £500.

Here's a video of a before and after

Cheers Joe how do you rank the more mid range cost alternatives that are available - racing beats, IL / BBK / Cobra Sport etc?

Also have you seen / heard first hand a Cybox exhaust on a 2.0 Mk3 and if so what was it like ?

Cheers - Norton

I haven't had any first hand experience with any of those, so can't comment! MX5 parts have a pretty decent range of rear silencers, so that might be an option? Other than that I'm sure the guys on the OC will have many recommendations! 

Have you had any quotes for a custom exhaust, might be an option?

No not for a custom build - however Cybox, while not custom, look to be pretty good quality and reasonable price (british made) hence my question about them.

I haven't had any first hand experience with any of those, so can't comment! MX5 parts have a pretty decent range of rear silencers, so that might be an option? Other than that I'm sure the guys on the OC will have many recommendations! 

Yep the MX5parts ones are the IL/BBK ones and get pretty good reviews - pleanty of recommendations on all the forums but no real stand out leader in terms of one brand vs another as far as I can see.