Best and Worst....be honest

worst mod is my wheel's......not the alloy's that car it self.... :lol:

nah only kidin for a £60 motor she has been a real gem and havnt had to do any repair's to it....{yet anyway :lol: }

yep worst mod though is the sad ol turbine's but the look better then the steelie's :lol:

best mod is my twin HKS style filter's...she sound's awsome and has given it a kick rite up DOT

next mod............fiat chroma turbo ie :lol: shhhhhsssshhhssss dont tell the missis ;)

£60 motor..... Is that for real or am i reading this wrong :lol:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

nah only kidin for a £60 motor she has been a real gem and havnt had to do any repair's to it....{yet anyway :lol: }

yep worst mod though is the sad ol turbine's but the look better then the steelie's :lol:

best mod is my twin HKS style filter's...she sound's awsome and has given it a kick rite up DOT

next mod............fiat chroma turbo ie :lol: shhhhhsssshhhssss dont tell the missis ;)

nope your eye's do not decieve you m8.that mondeo i bought a few month's back cast me a grand total of £60...for some reason still cant post any pic's of it but have put some in the gallory....it had 3 month MOT and 2 month tax.full history up to 105,000 mile's it was on 110,000 when i got it and all that was wrong with was a blocked cat.{which got de-cated so didnt matter..oh the back box fell of the other day ;) :lol: but other then that she has been a real gem and covered 800 mile's a week since i got it :lol: what a bargain......M.O.T is due on second of july though ;)

£60 motor..... Is that for real or am i reading this wrong ;)

nope your eye's do not decieve you m8.that mondeo i bought a few month's back cast me a grand total of £60...for some reason still cant post any pic's of it but have put some in the gallory....it had 3 month MOT and 2 month tax.full history up to 105,000 mile's it was on 110,000 when i got it and all that was wrong with was a blocked cat.{which got de-cated so didnt matter..oh the back box fell of the other day :lol: ;) but other then that she has been a real gem and covered 800 mile's a week since i got it ;) what a bargain......M.O.T is due on second of july though :lol:

Reads like a real result :lol: how confident are you with the pending MOT...

1:No problem

2:Possible repairs

3:Worried

4:Very worried

5:Burn it whilst it's still insured.

Nevertheless at £60 she would be worth getting through an MOT. Subject to costs.

nah only kidin for a £60 motor she has been a real gem and havnt had to do any repair's to it....{yet anyway ;) }

next mod............fiat chroma turbo ie ;) shhhhhsssshhhssss dont tell the missis ;)

nope your eye's do not decieve you m8.that mondeo i bought a few month's back cast me a grand total of £60...for some reason still cant post any pic's of it but have put some in the gallory....it had 3 month MOT and 2 month tax.full history up to 105,000 mile's it was on 110,000 when i got it and all that was wrong with was a blocked cat.{which got de-cated so didnt matter..oh the back box fell of the other day :lol: ;) but other then that she has been a real gem and covered 800 mile's a week since i got it :lol: what a bargain......M.O.T is due on second of july though ;)

Nevertheless at £60 she would be worth getting through an MOT. Subject to costs.

poss rear droplink's,may be wishbone's but have no play just slightly perisihin bush's,oh and move2 my side light's back to there original spot in the h/lamp as my indicator's are now in h/light and s/light are in idicator's....other than that she should fly through tbh....... but i do like the sound of option 5 as id see £600 for it :lol: ;)

nah only kidin for a £60 motor she has been a real gem and havnt had to do any repair's to it....{yet anyway ;) }

next mod............fiat chroma turbo ie ;) shhhhhsssshhhssss dont tell the missis ;)

nope your eye's do not decieve you m8.that mondeo i bought a few month's back cast me a grand total of £60...for some reason still cant post any pic's of it but have put some in the gallory....it had 3 month MOT and 2 month tax.full history up to 105,000 mile's it was on 110,000 when i got it and all that was wrong with was a blocked cat.{which got de-cated so didnt matter..oh the back box fell of the other day :lol: ;) but other then that she has been a real gem and covered 800 mile's a week since i got it :lol: what a bargain......M.O.T is due on second of july though ;)

poss rear droplink's,may be wishbone's but have no play just slightly perisihin bush's,oh and move2 my side light's back to there original spot in the h/lamp as my indicator's are now in h/light and s/light are in idicator's....other than that she should fly through tbh....... but i do like the sound of option 5 as id see £600 for it :lol: ;)

Reads like all she needs is some running repairs.... Good for you, seems like your small investment has paid dividends.

nah only kidin for a £60 motor she has been a real gem and havnt had to do any repair's to it....{yet anyway :unsure: }

yep worst mod though is the sad ol turbine's but the look better then the steelie's :thumbsup_anim:

£60 motor..... Is that for real or am i reading this wrong :unsure:

nope your eye's do not decieve you m8.that mondeo i bought a few month's back cast me a grand total of £60...for some reason still cant post any pic's of it but have put some in the gallory....it had 3 month MOT and 2 month tax.full history up to 105,000 mile's it was on 110,000 when i got it and all that was wrong with was a blocked cat.{which got de-cated so didnt matter..oh the back box fell of the other day :thumbsup_anim: :lol: but other then that she has been a real gem and covered 800 mile's a week since i got it :thumbsup_anim: what a bargain......M.O.T is due on second of july though :unsure:

Reads like a real result :thumbsup_anim: how confident are you with the pending MOT...

poss rear droplink's,may be wishbone's but have no play just slightly perisihin bush's,oh and move2 my side light's back to there original spot in the h/lamp as my indicator's are now in h/light and s/light are in idicator's....other than that she should fly through tbh....... but i do like the sound of option 5 as id see £600 for it :ph34r_anim: :lol:

Reads like all she needs is some running repairs.... Good for you, seems like your small investment has paid dividends.

yep sertanlly has i think.but not sure if the filter's were a good idea now :blink: went to margate today which is a 96 mile round trip and my fuel bill near on doubled :o £25 half a tank of fuel used....... :unsure: so the good old cone filter is back in place :rolleyes:

My worst modification was actually purchasing this..............

post-2-1181465224.jpg

Brand new Cagiva super city.... Later i revised this to Cagiva super sack of sh*t :thumbsup_anim:

I had this sack for 18 months before it ended up in the canal....In that short period 8000 miles... from new it had!!!

1: Ignition barrel

2: Off/side fearing (grill fell out)

3: Front wheel bearings

4: Rear wheel bearings

5: Rear tyre

6: Chain (original snapped)

7: Seat (original filled with water)

8: Another rear wheel bearing kit

9: Speedo cable

10: Another rear tyre

11: Mirrors (originals lost the reflectors)

12: Exhaust front section..... £250+ vat :thumbsup_anim:

It was a Lada with a body kit........ Long may it rust :thumbsup_anim:

post-2-1181465224.jpg

Brand new Cagiva super city.... Later i revised this to Cagiva super sack of sh*t :thumbsup_anim:

I had this sack for 18 months before it ended up in the canal....In that short period 8000 miles... from new it had!!!

12: Exhaust front section..... £250+ vat :thumbsup_anim:

looked nice though :thumbsup_anim: so did you put it in the canal then??????????? or did someone else

post-2-1181465224.jpg

Brand new Cagiva super city.... Later i revised this to Cagiva super sack of sh*t :ph34r_anim:

12: Exhaust front section..... £250+ vat :rolleyes:

looked nice though :thumbsup_anim: so did you put it in the canal then??????????? or did someone else

I actually sold the bike at a great loss.... Although a push in to the canal would have been more satisfying :thumbsup_anim: ..... Never will i buy an Italian powerhouse again...... Other than the Lambo obviously :thumbsup_anim:

• 3 months later...
Best practical mod i have heard is Tango's sports exhaust on his IS250...... Although he cannot hear it like us on the outside, it's sweet :wub:

Now you tell me :huh: but you're right It's still quiet inside..I'm going to have to let someone else drive it :o

Best practical mod i have heard is Tango's sports exhaust on his IS250...... Although he cannot hear it like us on the outside, it's sweet :o

Now you tell me :wub: but you're right It's still quiet inside..I'm going to have to let someone else drive it :o

The fit proved it was a quality exhaust, unlike most where we need to bend this or that or bits are missing..

The sound is superb, hard to describe but a deep continuous tone even through the gear change... Unlike some that fart as the gears select :huh:

I like it.... I really do!...... Even the boy's at Kip's mentioned how sweet it sounded yesterday :o

• 4 months later...

Bump

In my opinion the best modification is a calibration between the suspension and the Geometry to compliment handling.. The worst is spacers that changed the position of the tyres contact patch.

The best electronic mod is an ECU calibration and the best mechanical mod is the turbo :)