Best and Worst....be honest

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Best on the 300: Prolex equal length decatted manifold & downpipe (until the badboy C38-81 goes on!) :unsure:

Worst on the 300: Autowatch carjack immobilizer, what a PITA!

Best on the Tubby: Blitz NUR Spec-R exhaust. Sounds like Armageddon & spits flame! :huh:

Worst on the Tubby: none :huh:

ahh missed the party..

did you play all the classic party games?

pass the parcel, musical chairs, squeek piggy squeek.

Mark played pass the turbo and i just passed out :unsure: What do they put in Ryabina these days :huh:

Best on the 300: Prolex equal length decatted manifold & downpipe (until the badboy C38-81 goes on!) :huh:

Worst on the 300: Autowatch carjack immobilizer, what a PITA!

Best on the Tubby: Blitz NUR Spec-R exhaust. Sounds like Armageddon & spits flame! :D

Worst on the Tubby: none :D

carjack immobilizer what's that B)

carjack immobilizer what's that :unsure:

A concealed button that you need to press each time the driver's door is closed....if not....then after 2 mins the alarm starts to cut the fuel and the lights flash / horn sounds and the car comes to a halt!

I sometimes forget to press the button and have errrrm, suffered some3 embarrasment as a result! :huh:

A concealed button that you need to press each time the driver's door is closed....if not....then after 2 mins the alarm starts to cut the fuel and the lights flash / horn sounds and the car comes to a halt!

I sometimes forget to press the button and have errrrm, suffered some3 embarrasment as a result! :huh:

You forget......nah!... distracted methinks... This is a valid question so don't think I'm taking the Mickey.... If you have the carjack fitted is this displayed as a warning on the car?... like a sticker or something?

You forget......nah!... distracted methinks... This is a valid question so don't think I'm taking the Mickey.... If you have the carjack fitted is this displayed as a warning on the car?... like a sticker or something?

No...there is no warning sticker or anything. If a potential carjacker spies a warning sticker then all he has to do is to hold a gun/knife/superglue to the driver's head in order to source the secret button.

carjack immobilizer what's that :mellow:

I sometimes forget to press the button and have errrrm, suffered some3 embarrasment as a result! :blink:

No...there is no warning sticker or anything. If a potential carjacker spies a warning sticker then all he has to do is to hold a gun/knife/superglue to the driver's head in order to source the secret button.

Never thought of that!... I have to ask 'doesn't' all this bother you!.... your job puts you in harms way everyday.. recently you commented of a friend who was shot and killed, how do you remain calm when at any moment violence beckons...

Never thought of that!... I have to ask 'doesn't' all this bother you!.... your job puts you in harms way everyday.. recently you commented of a friend who was shot and killed, how do you remain calm when at any moment violence beckons...

The general idea is not to place yourself in a risky situation in the first place and if things do start to go boobies up, act in a way which will not further increase the risk to yourself.

Example.......I frequently get stopped at military or police roadblocks where the men have obviously been drinking / chewing kat / smoking weed and are out to collect "tips". Rather than have an AK pointed up my nose and dash them $10, I keep a stock of cheapo bic biros in the glovebox and I'll give out a couple of these (in West Africa, the number of biros in one's shirt pocket tends to indicate one's importance), and it works every time! :D

In general, the West African bad guys want to take your money, not to physically harm you. West Africans have a great sense of humour and it's fairly easy to throw in a few jokes which turn a dodgy situation into one where the risk is greatly reduced. It always makes me laugh when I see a Johnny-Just-Come expat trying to shout and scream his way out of trouble.....it just doesn't work!

The general idea is not to place yourself in a risky situation in the first place and if things do start to go boobies up, act in a way which will not further increase the risk to yourself.

Example.......I frequently get stopped at military or police roadblocks where the men have obviously been drinking / chewing kat / smoking weed and are out to collect "tips". Rather than have an AK pointed up my nose and dash them $10, I keep a stock of cheapo bic biros in the glovebox and I'll give out a couple of these (in West Africa, the number of biros in one's shirt pocket tends to indicate one's importance), and it works every time! :lol:

In general, the West African bad guys want to take your money, not to physically harm you. West Africans have a great sense of humour and it's fairly easy to throw in a few jokes which turn a dodgy situation into one where the risk is greatly reduced. It always makes me laugh when I see a Johnny-Just-Come expat trying to shout and scream his way out of trouble.....it just doesn't work!

I don't know what to say Mike :blink: This insight seems surreal, I can sort of understand the Armed forces obeying orders in a hot zone but your situation is without defence (no tanks) i can only admire your attitude and demand your careful and vigilant....

• 6 months later...

i did i did i did!

nothing major but it is to me.. chrystal clear indicators, side repeaters and projector headlights.. well i say i got them i got the small lights but i have been given the money to buy the headlights coz they are coming from australia.. nearest place that does right hand drive projector lights for a w202 merc

I got an icescraper mit, its an ice scraper with an elbow length mit to stop your arm getting covered in ice. Its kind of a long running joke as i got a ice melter once, which took longer to heat up than the cars heaters, so by the time it was warm the windows were already clear. And another that makes your hand warm by microwaving the scraper and it heats the liquid. Only thing was someone put it in for 2 min instead of 20 secconds, when it came out it was leaking like a mini fountain. So its kind of a joke in a theme.

I got an icescraper mit, its an ice scraper with an elbow length mit to stop your arm getting covered in ice. Its kind of a long running joke as i got a ice melter once, which took longer to heat up than the cars heaters, so by the time it was warm the windows were already clear. And another that makes your hand warm by microwaving the scraper and it heats the liquid. Only thing was someone put it in for 2 min instead of 20 secconds, when it came out it was leaking like a mini fountain. So its kind of a joke in a theme.

My wife got one of them as well.... tiss pant's you would do better rubbing the screen with a snowball to remove the ice....

• 3 months later...

Some time back i fitted front (drilled/ grooved) discs and green stuff pads to the front of an MR2... drove the car on the ramp... fitted them.... drove the car off the ramp...... braked..... and nutted the steering wheel :crying_anim02: ... This was my introduction to enhanced brakes... Nowadays i and both my nose's were a seat belt when testing the performance :rolleyes_anim:

• 1 month later...
Today a staff member was explaining he is having some new contraption fitted to his 04 Corsa that simulates the sound of a 'Dump Valve' ..... How sad is that :D

LOL! Professional comedian, I almost feel sorry for him :crying:. Luckily don't think I really had a worst mod, the car I used to drive was my mum's 106 1.4 XR, and the only thing I changed on it was the head unit. I drove a few mates cars before I got the S13, but the S13 was the 1st car I bought and owned, the Rage backbox and lame chav steering wheel that were on it when I bought it were pretty shocking, but I swapped the wheel with a Sparco Safari pronto! :D

Best mod... Prob right now the full arm kit I got from Japan, and poly bushes have really made a noticeable difference with the car (I put them all on at the same time), but come this weekend when I complete the suspension setup and finish my track sess i'll probably say coilovers!

• 3 weeks later...

On my Seat Leon Cupra R the best mod was the remap, that was mad, 275bhp from the 1.8T. I didn't need to do anything else to it as it already had the body kit, wheels and Brembo brakes. I miss that car.

On the IS220D, has to be the new wheels, they look awesome, not sure about the new springs, I think I might have spoiled the ride for the sake of looks.

The 928 is an ongoing thing, as would be with an 18 year old supercar. I think the best was not so much of a mod really, but replacing the ageing suspension with new components restored the cars handling, and stopped it banging the nose spoiler on the ground over speed humps, it was a bit wobbly. I have fitted a new RS steering wheel and am in the middle of replacing the centre exhaust section with a cross over through pipe, which adds some power and frees up the breathing. I am yet to drive it, but from other owners comments, it will be louder and faster in the mid range.

Some people have fitted wood trim to the interior, and I for one will be staying away from that route of modification. I may in the future consider importing a supercharger kit from the states. Oh I nearly forgot, actually the best mod was fitting a LSD as that really helps get the power down, but also have to be really careful in the corners!

ynwata.jpg

:lol:

On my Seat Leon Cupra R the best mod was the remap, that was mad, 275bhp from the 1.8T. I didn't need to do anything else to it as it already had the body kit, wheels and Brembo brakes. I miss that car.

On the IS220D, has to be the new wheels, they look awesome, not sure about the new springs, I think I might have spoiled the ride for the sake of looks.

The 928 is an ongoing thing, as would be with an 18 year old supercar. I think the best was not so much of a mod really, but replacing the ageing suspension with new components restored the cars handling, and stopped it banging the nose spoiler on the ground over speed humps, it was a bit wobbly. I have fitted a new RS steering wheel and am in the middle of replacing the centre exhaust section with a cross over through pipe, which adds some power and frees up the breathing. I am yet to drive it, but from other owners comments, it will be louder and faster in the mid range.

Some people have fitted wood trim to the interior, and I for one will be staying away from that route of modification. I may in the future consider importing a supercharger kit from the states. Oh I nearly forgot, actually the best mod was fitting a LSD as that really helps get the power down, but also have to be really careful in the corners!

ynwata.jpg

:worried_anim:

The 928 looks a babe but probably needs as much attention as blind date in Monaco.... You read disappointed with the ride comfort of the 220..... Give it time the coils will comply then the entire package will come together..... You see!

worst mod is my wheel's......not the alloy's that car it self.... :lol:

nah only kidin for a £60 motor she has been a real gem and havnt had to do any repair's to it....{yet anyway :lol: }

yep worst mod though is the sad ol turbine's but the look better then the steelie's :lol:

best mod is my twin HKS style filter's...she sound's awsome and has given it a kick rite up DOT

next mod............fiat chroma turbo ie :lol: shhhhhsssshhhssss dont tell the missis :lol: