Best and Worst....be honest

Any modifications reflect some form of desire, for you what as the best and why, if things didn't work out what went wrong..... be honest as this may 'persuade or dismiss' someones future intentions......

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hard to say what's the best modification..... I'd have to say all of them.. as they make the car the way I want it to be:D

Hard to say the worst modification....I'd have to say probably the first one..if not all of them..as one leads to another and its never ending....If i'd never have started I'd be alot richer :o

Hard to say what's the best modification..... I'd have to say all of them.. as they make the car the way I want it to be:D

Hard to say the worst modification....I'd have to say probably the first one..if not all of them..as one leads to another and its never ending....If i'd never have started I'd be alot richer :lol:

So pretty much 'hard' :D ...... # 1 what was it?

Hard to say the worst modification....I'd have to say probably the first one..if not all of them..as one leads to another and its never ending....If i'd never have started I'd be alot richer :lol:

I think it was an arm rest, followed closely by a dash tray..

Arm rest around 8 hp

Dash tray around 2 hp.. not fast enough so I sold it

:D

I think it was an arm rest, followed closely by a dash tray..

Arm rest around 8 hp

Dash tray around 2 hp.. not fast enough so I sold it

:D

:D what are you like!

I would have to say the best mod for me so far is the induction kit, problem is it makes you want to hoof it around a lot more as the noise is adictive...

worst... hmm not sure. Maybe lowering it was not the best move, insurance have a field day with it and the ride is a little harsh (relative to the normal lex lux) on some road surfaces...

I would have to say the best mod for me so far is the induction kit, problem is it makes you want to hoof it around a lot more as the noise is adictive...

worst... hmm not sure. Maybe lowering it was not the best move, insurance have a field day with it and the ride is a little harsh (relative to the normal lex lux) on some road surfaces...

'Lowering' seems to be the norm with all cars, i wonder why so many people feel the need, is it purely ascetic?

'Lowering' seems to be the norm with all cars, i wonder why so many people feel the need, is it purely ascetic?

Whilst it certainly makes the look of the car a lot better it also improves the handling. Lowering springs is a minimal improvement but an improvement none the less. Coilovers are a much better improved handling, the lower the better. Apart from you're sacrificing the ride comfort.

Yes, looks and handling... it realy depends on what you use the car for, I wish I had something which I could switch to nutter mode and then to sunday driver mode :lol:

Categorise...... i would seem 'lowering' generates an irritating itch... a kind of initial step into poo.... but nevertheless desirable... 'interesting!' :huh:

• 3 weeks later...

as my car is the sport model it has lower suspension anyway, i found a nice big set of wheels filled the arches without drastically effecting the harshness of the suspension.

i once lowered a car by cutting the spirings.. bad bad bad bad bad bad bad idea

• 3 weeks later...

Best modification going from 195/60/15 front and 225/50/15 rear tyres to 205/45/16 and 225/45/16 on my MR2 turbo, with a lightweight set of RAYS alloys, that were and inch wider at both ends with a slightly lower negitive offset so the wheels sat with the original centre line. Improved handling vastly.

Worst mod, Unichip badly mapped on my MR2 turbo, resulted in a cracked ringland at castle combe one day :P

All forms of body mod are pointless in my opinion, except maybe OEM updates that may do something positive to resale value.

Best:

195/45R15 Goodyear Eagle F1 GS3D directional tyres to replace the budget 165/65R14 ones. The handling has been totally transformed, it corners like it's on rails.

Worst:

JBL component speakers. A group of chavs told me they'd give me 20hp more power but they were wrong :)

for a fun evening of spot the worst mod i can strongly recomend southend sea front at about 10:00pm on a sataday night.

the best has to be a v6 rear wheel drive mk1 fiesta.

the worst, a saxo with over £20,000 worth of bodykit on a 1.1. i jokingly told his girlfriend it was a hefty deposit on a house, i think i opened a can of worms.

for a fun evening of spot the worst mod i can strongly recomend southend sea front at about 10:00pm on a sataday night.

the best has to be a v6 rear wheel drive mk1 fiesta.

the worst, a saxo with over £20,000 worth of bodykit on a 1.1. i jokingly told his girlfriend it was a hefty deposit on a house, i think i opened a can of worms.

Curious question:.... I have never been into this modifying lark so my opinions are a little 'blinkered'... If somone needs to spend £20.000 blinging up a 1.1 Saxo... why not just spend £5.000 buying someone else's bord project or just go and buy a Skyline and be done with it!..... I assume most 'Chavs' don't do the modifications themselves hence the £20.000 so what is the end point!.......... other then the debt.

my point exactly, buy a skyline and insure it for 3 years for the same money!

the bodyshop (not the skin care place) next door to where i work is constantly modifying bottom of the range cars. one that leaps to mind is a 1.2 corsa, now in T.V.R purple, with 19" wheels, there is no boot any more to make room for the wheel arches and the twin motorbike rear exhast boxes, th front wings (inner and outer) have been replaced with custom parts to make room for the front wheels, new golf head lamps have been grafted in.

like marmite i supose you love it or hate it. personaly i think it looks rediculas, tiny brakes behind massive wheels, and a tiny engine under a bonnet that is a mass of vents.

• 2 weeks later...
Today a staff member was explaining he is having some new contraption fitted to his 04 Corsa that simulates the sound of a 'Dump Valve' ..... How sad is that :blink:

:( :( Very sad indeed.. I've seen these kits on ebay advertising for a Lexus :lol: Why not go the whole hog and get a simulation purge kit fitted too...

Everybody will think he's got a turbo and nitrous fitted to his Corsa :huh: :blink: :blink:

Today a staff member was explaining he is having some new contraption fitted to his 04 Corsa that simulates the sound of a 'Dump Valve' ..... How sad is that :blink:

Haha I saw those on fleabay today :blink:

My best bits so far are...Corbeau seat & Roll cage have made a real driving difference, the seat holds me in & the cage holds the car together :blink:

Worst................nope, can't think of anything that's been done & I wasn't pleased with at the time :(

most people will do modifications to be different

not allways to be the fastest

if you have a corsa, nova or even a skyline the aim is to be one better than the next bloke driving the same car

most of the fun is in doing it, making it yours personally and not "i brought it like it"

its a passion, and passion has no cost limits !

all stems back to schooldays when you used to say "my willy is bigger than yours" :blink:

most people will do modifications to be different

not allways to be the fastest

if you have a corsa, nova or even a skyline the aim is to be one better than the next bloke driving the same car

most of the fun is in doing it, making it yours personally and not "i brought it like it"

its a passion, and passion has no cost limits !

all stems back to schooldays when you used to say "my willy is bigger than yours" :blink:

Bet my 'Dump' is bigger than yours :( ..... Valve i mean obviously :blink: ....... Actually i do understand the 'Willy' logic, i just struggle with the cost and the model of car..... I also advised him to remove the 1.4 confession from the boot :blink:

I remember those from a while ago, think they were on ebay.

The thing is the noise is all good when slowing down at the lights, until you set off again and the person jogging next to them out runs them and people realise there isn't a turbo there. Then everyone just laughs.

Tell him to mount a 4L V8 over the rear wheels and make it rear wheel drive and i may be more interested :blink:.

I remember those from a while ago, think they were on ebay.

The thing is the noise is all good when slowing down at the lights, until you set off again and the person jogging next to them out runs them and people realise there isn't a turbo there. Then everyone just laughs.

Tell him to mount a 4L V8 over the rear wheels and make it rear wheel drive and i may be more interested :).

Wise words.... ;)