MX5 NC - Suspension Summary?

ebadetri

Hi,

Car: 2008, MX5 NC 1.8SE Hardtop (Coupe)

Thanks to WIM I have had my last 3 cars geo'ed (MR2, RX8, now MX5 NC)...and all much to the better.  Anyway, I am sure this has been discussed in length, but just wanted a quick summary as I am now considering having the NC lowered at some stage this year from standard - but I also want to keep the ride as compliant as possible and ride height on right side of sensible.

From what I've read there are different ride heights available depending on which springs are fitted - there are ones which lower by 30mm (and this was an option from Mazda too) and others which lower by more.

Which ones are available from WIM?  I don't think I want to go more than 30mm lower.  I also gather there's a choice of spring/settings depending on the model: coupe or soft top.

Is it possible to see the total cost of such a task - all-in including new geo and the actual springs?

Cheers!  Adam.

Morning Adam, 

There are a huge range of lowering coils available, the most popular being the Eibach, these lower the car by 30mm. If the ride height is a concern then maybe a coil-over system would be preferable? That way the compliance and height can be tailored to exactly what you want.

For the NC Mx5s there 3 different 'generic' fast road settings written by Tony, depending on what you want to use the car for and your situation we tend to use one of those as a base line, then adjust accordingly for any particular demands, i.e Over-steer Vs. Under-steer.

If you'd like to run through some prices you can PM me on here or give me or Tony a call at the centre!

Joe