Nissan '12 370z GT Edition

liner33

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah its going go be tucked up snug , its getting a service and work done later this month so ill get that done , pump the tyres up an extra 5 psi and make sure its low on fuel, i have a silica gel bag in it and i'll fit the cover to keep the dust off

Yeah its going go be tucked up snug , its getting a service and work done later this month so ill get that done , pump the tyres up an extra 5 psi and make sure its low on fuel, i have a silica gel bag in it and i'll fit the cover to keep the dust off

I assume you inflate the tyres to stop flat spots developing?

What about the battery, are you putting it on a trickle charge?

I was thinking of taking the battery out of the MX5 and store it indoors, possibly on a trickle charger.

With the fuel, I had read that filling it up is better as it stops moisture forming in the tank, unless that's only if it's kept outside?

I was thinking of taking the battery out of the MX5 and store it indoors, possibly on a trickle charger.

With the fuel, I had read that filling it up is better as it stops moisture forming in the tank, unless that's only if it's kept outside?

The solar charger is actually working really well for me in the Lexus, longest I've left the car without using it is 2 months and it starts perfectly - not sluggish or anything. Would definitely recommend it!

I've read that too, over in the US they seem to fill the tank and then add fuel stabiliser. These cars are garaged (often heated also) so it's just because of the storage. Do you plan on not using the MX-5 in the winter though?

its a plastic tank on the 370 so no worries about corrosion , more concerned about the ethanol gumming everything up , i refill first drive out with nice fresh stuff some spring , its not properly laid up as if we get a nice day i still might take it out but traction is limited already

You can just about see in this pic that the stitching on the car was white/pale grey but the stitching on the wheel was red

P1020068_zpsjoblfmim.jpg

Well a few hours with a dye pen and thats all fixed , I know i need a life but I'm bored :)

20151104_171805_zpsybn75yjv.jpg

20151104_171814_zpsswrl0yf0.jpg

Also fitted a cheap tracker, its wired into a perm live and the internal battery lasts around 10 days , it has gps and takes a payg sim , if you want to know where the car is you simply text it and it replies with a map reference

not high end but for less than £20 , worth a pop I felt

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-TK102-GPS-Tracker-Magnetic-Car-Vehicle-Spy-Mini-Personal-Tracking-Device-UK-/231255563769?hash=item35d7e7ddf9:g:KhQAAOSwyQtVrjNr

Thought I'd do a few before she goes away for winter , a shot of my recently painted engine cover and some to try and show where the tyres sit now with the wheel spacers

P1020113_zpslhfp99rz.jpg

P1020099_zpswusy3nbb.jpg

P1020080_zpsb2dr6yrb.jpg

P1020092_zpsamorxdau.jpg

P1010411_zpsqhj5iyii.jpg

P1020068_zpsjoblfmim.jpg

P1020066_zpsrjbfqmhs.jpg

That's is looking lovely fella :) Nice work with the stitching too, I certainly wouldn't have the patience!

Also fitted a cheap tracker, its wired into a perm live and the internal battery lasts around 10 days , it has gps and takes a payg sim , if you want to know where the car is you simply text it and it replies with a map reference

not high end but for less than £20 , worth a pop I felt

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-TK102-GPS-Tracker-Magnetic-Car-Vehicle-Spy-Mini-Personal-Tracking-Device-UK-/231255563769?hash=item35d7e7ddf9:g:KhQAAOSwyQtVrjNr

To old gits like me that's scary...... Put it in my prospective your texting your car and asking "where are you"........