Nissan '12 370z GT Edition

liner33

I've been using DA polishers for a few years first a porter cable and then a DAS-6, I also have a couple of rotary polishers as well which i will use if its really bad but they have a lot of downsides

You can get really good results with a DA , most of the pics I post my own cars are done with one. It seems the Bigfoot kinda sits midway between a normal DA and a rotary in terms of the correction its able to achieve

I bought it do do the Superb really , thats really really bad and has very hard paint so lots of work and I'm planning to hit that next week

In the threads I was reading similar to the one above they seemed to be claiming that the bigfoot actually got better results than a rotary - it worked much better over curves and creases and also dramatically reduced the amount of time required.

I'm assuming that is a combination of the polisher plus the pad/compound but it's still an impressive result (well to me who knows nothing about this stuff :) )

I was looking up this bigfoot thing and it has so many rave reviews as the best thing ever - even the miracle detail guy uses it and swears by it. I haven't caught the detailing bug so wouldn't invest so much money on a product I might not use very much but if I were to this seems like the one to get!

As an example this is an amazing transformation!

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=293458

I would say it's more to do with the person using it rather than the machine itself. Plenty of people could still make a mess of their paint using a bigfoot. I wouldn't spend that much on one cos I won't use it much, it's the reason why I sold the G220 and got a cheap rotary instead. End of the day they all achieve the same result, just the method is different.

I would say it's more to do with the person using it rather than the machine itself. Plenty of people could still make a mess of their paint using a bigfoot. I wouldn't spend that much on one cos I won't use it much, it's the reason why I sold the G220 and got a cheap rotary instead. End of the day they all achieve the same result, just the method is different.

Absolutely, it was just that he is someone that has probably used several of these polishers on a regular basis so if he says one is much better than anything else there's a fair bit of validity in it (unless he's being paid by the company of course!)

Absolutely, it was just that he is someone that has probably used several of these polishers on a regular basis so if he says one is much better than anything else there's a fair bit of validity in it (unless he's being paid by the company of course!)

I don't go on DW much nowadays but I'm sure Paul used to be associated with 3M products so used their machine, maybe they have parted company.

It would be good to try a bigfoot out but my experience with DAs killed my back afterwards with the vibrations so I'll be sticking with the rotary, but everyone has their own preference.

In the threads I was reading similar to the one above they seemed to be claiming that the bigfoot actually got better results than a rotary - it worked much better over curves and creases and also dramatically reduced the amount of time required.

I'm assuming that is a combination of the polisher plus the pad/compound but it's still an impressive result (well to me who knows nothing about this stuff :) )

As I mentioned rotary polishers have a lot of downsides , they tend to be heavier , more prone to marking the finish, can be too aggressive even at low speed, unwieldy for doing detail work.

As I said I have two and rarely use either.

The porter cable was a nicer machine than the DAS-6 , it suffers from vibration and has a crappy switch than keeps popping off

The Big foot is a bit heavier than the DAS-6 but more variation on the speeds , slow start and easy to hold

Do you have the DAS6 or the Pro version?

On paper the bigfoot is the same weight as the Flex and heavier than the 3M rotary. The Makita is slightly heavier but not by much - what rotary's do you have?

Not heard of that one before, German? I have the silverline and yes it's heavier but I personally prefer it, although at some point in the future I may get the EP801 as it's lighter.

• 4 weeks later...

Its not all show though , had a play on the drag strip yesterday , traction was hopeless though , too cold for my Bridgestones so really struggled to get off the line , first run didnt help had quite a moment

drag_zpsc25e9d38.jpg

drag2_zps8cd204e8.jpg

• 10 months later...