Nissan '12 370z GT Edition

liner33

• 2 weeks later...

Few more pics , updates well not many , fitted a pair of K&N filters and led sidelight bulbs , fitted the Blackvue and have been doing a lot of cleaning since a white car on these roads doesnt stay clean for long

Oh changed the oil as well , from 10w40 to 0w40 , many people use the thinner stuff and it circulates better when cold and helps with economy

Malcolm is still sending pics over as he gets around to it.

524575_742260545784274_599299788_n_zps7c

1546101_740381565972172_702121911_n_zpsf

1536455_736507693026226_1371363249_n_zps

1655872_742890385721290_174443750_n_zpsb

1497270_736980656312263_100935511_n_zps7

I was thinking about a plate for it , we bought CF09 RGF when we bought the superb thats the wife and my initials , meaningless to anyone else though

When we bought the Fabia we added CF12RGF but that scuppers the zed unless i go for an older plate

Dressing the car with personal plates does add a finishing touch no matter what p**s take some forums take...... I was SO, so lucky when i bought the Lotus because it came with J4 TBO..... A personal plate meaning Turbo but since my name is Tony Bones it gave me a wobbly head when people thought it was a personal plate :D

Dressing the car with personal plates does add a finishing touch no matter what p**s take some forums take...... I was SO, so lucky when i bought the Lotus because it came with J4 TBO..... A personal plate meaning Turbo but since my name is Tony Bones it gave me a wobbly head when people thought it was a personal plate :D

Completely agree, my 360 didn't look right with the standard plates on, now looks much better with my private plate which just has 4 digits on it :)

• 1 month later...

Progress has been slow to non-existent recently what with the flooding, but went to a modding day with the Nissansportz club yesterday

Finally fitted my GTR start button, got to borrow the latest maps for the sat nav and plasti-dipped the badges

We were shoe horned in but it was a great day

Untitled_Panorama1_zps5265ba0d.jpg

Met a guy with the same model as me and we plasti dipped his badges black. I did mine white but removed it pretty quickly , not sure about the black either 

20140301_1435201_zpsdee5e0e6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Gave it a good clean at the weekend trying out a new polisher i bought so tried a different polish as well

Got a set of mudflaps arriving soon so will need to remove the wheels to fit them so they havent been done

P1000787_zpsc774b7c7.jpg

P1000782_zps5481d18c.jpg

P1000769_zpsb434bc21.jpg

P1000766_zpsa4396f38.jpg

The Nissan has very soft paint it is full of RDS but much better since polishing

I bought a Rupes Big Foot , it has a bit more guts than my DAS-6 and managed to get some pretty severe scratches out .

It looks better than new...... I realize your passion because when i had the Esprit it had to look top dollar but it weighs heavy on the head keeping it that way, well it did for me anyway.

Needless to say she and i assume it is a she looks stunning B)

No always a DA, soft paint , no paint depth gauge and rotary worries me too much

I don't know if I could go back to the vibrations from a DA. I'll give it a go with the rotary and just use a finishing polish first, see how soft Honda paint really is!

I was looking up this bigfoot thing and it has so many rave reviews as the best thing ever - even the miracle detail guy uses it and swears by it. I haven't caught the detailing bug so wouldn't invest so much money on a product I might not use very much but if I were to this seems like the one to get!

As an example this is an amazing transformation!

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=293458