Rich's 2003 Honda Accord 2.4 Tourer Auto

Rich

I used Magnatec in the Civic last time when it was on offer at Halford - how come you don't use it?

Opie is still £17 more expensive even with 20% off!!

Well 1st thing is i trashed my big ends on my supra using this stuff. So bad memories there and based upon what i have read about magnatec also i would rather opt for a genuine ester based fully synthetic oil over one thats actually a semi synth thats been meddled with so it falls within the bounds of being called a fully synth.

I dont think its so much of an issue on conventional engines and tunes but i am a bit more particular on the technical specs when i have upped my power by 56% :lol:

I have heard bad things about Magnatec before and was told to avoid it for the Corolla. For the Civic it's fine though.

You gonna tint the windows then Rich??

Maybe next year, not sure yet.

I'd go with a 0w if that's what Honda suggest , you want the oil thin on start up to circulate quickly

I don't buy my oil from Opie anymore , too expensive ebay , Amazon or ecp

Even with their discounts (which seem to run everyday!) they seem really expensive now. ECP are doing 30% oil ATM, some very good prices but it still works out cheaper bulk buying.

For the petrol engine the handbook recommends about 6 different grades depending on the climate so I think any of them will be fine. The are alot of opinions on what to use, which doesn't help.

Where did you get your drum from? My filters and other bits should be here today so I need to get the oil now.

Filled up last night and I got 368.5 miles, which is just over 28 mpg. That was 2/3 motorway with cruise control at 70 mph, abit of a blast now and again, some fun in semi auto mode and the rest around town. So with careful driving for the whole tank it should see 30+, I'm happy with that. I will have to see what it's like just around town though, probably around 20.

I can't find any oil on ebay that cheap. I was almost certain I was going with 5w40 but then I got thinking about the thinner 0 oil and the short drive to work, maybe that would be better. I have also read that you get better mpg with 0w30 or even 5w30. I got the filters and coolant I ordered but no auxiliary belt, I've not even been charged for it so not sure what's happened there. They said nothing about having to order it in. If they haven't I'm going to get the gates one instead as it's almost £30 cheaper and it's probably them who make it anyway!

I've been keeping an eye on the coolant level and it's not gone down at all so as long as it stays like that I'll put the new stuff in next year.

I am really enjoying the car but there is just one thing annoying me. It seems to be quite low in height and I keep hitting my head on the door frame when I get in or out! :lol:

Looks like I've lost the car, SWMBO is out in it again!

Good price. Why can't they do 5L bottles.

I wasn't even asked, I was told! :lol:

First wash yesterday and gave the car a quick coat of Werkstat Jett (sealant) and the beading is awesome this morning :D It seemed abit fussy trying to buff it off though, was probably getting damp in the air. The paint is a mess though, it's dull, covered in swirls and a few marks from bird crap etching - I have alot of work to do in the spring.

Winter wheels are now on, they don't look that bad :) Ordered some Toyo Snowprox online and got them fitted at WIM earlier, the lads did a top job as usual :D

I can't believe how mint these rims are I bought, 70 quid was a bargain :thumbsup_anim: I cleaned them yesterday and there was only a couple of spots of iron fallout and tar on them. I reckon the guy must be into his detailing, they were spotless. I gave them a coat of tripple and CG wheel sealant to make future cleans easier.

DSC_5234.JPG

Winter (Civic) Wheel.jpg

DSC_5235.JPG

Accord Winter Wheels.jpg

I need to get that oil ordered now and change it asap.

Out of interest Rich, what made you go for the snowprox ?? Or have you used them before?

Mainly down to the price, they were £67 each delivered from Poland. I need a V rated tyre and all the premium tyres are £100+, with the budgets being a similar price to the Toyo. They get very good reviews though and I've used their summer tyres before, which were excellent so thought I'd try them for that price.