BMW Cracked Alloys Band - Watchdog - BBC One......

Tony

It's funny that the M cars ride better than the standard ones because of the regular tyres!

Do find the trend of no run-flats and no spare more worrying though - reminds me I need to put some tyre weld in the boot of the 360 in case of emergency. How long does tyre weld last, does it have an expiry date?

Thankfully mine come with a spare in the boot!

Isn't yours on runflats?

I'm not sure how long it lasts, i think a few years....... Fact is many cars don't come with a spare tyre, run-flats or not, the MX5 MK3/ 3.5 for example.

Yep it's a bit of a pain this new trend..........

Apparently the Accord I'm looking at doesn't have a spare wheel but the well is there for one - it was an optional extra!! Cheek!!

At least it's good it has a well - find it so annoying that a lot of cars don't even have one any more! Even the one in the CLS is only deep enough for the spacesaver, so putting the full size wheel in there means the boot floor doesn't go back down properly.

Not a major issue in normal terms, but a bit of a pain if you have a boot full of luggage...........

Thankfully mine come with a spare in the boot!

Isn't yours on runflats?

I'm not sure how long it lasts, i think a few years....... Fact is many cars don't come with a spare tyre, run-flats or not, the MX5 MK3/ 3.5 for example.

Yep it's a bit of a pain this new trend..........

Yeap on Run flats, but i believe it was an optional extra or you could just buy them from the stealers.... its only a space save if i remember right!

The spare on Skodas is a £50 option . I recall the spare option on the Elise was a can of tyre foam with a lotus sticker on it , sold for the grand price of £25!!!

19" wheels are too big for us roads imo unless they are on a truck!

Only the bit of trim over the boot lock, but I did have to jack up a bit of the sloping "roof" which has meant some slightly lumpy bits on the rear parcel shelf but you wouldn't know with the carpet in place. And as there's no another monster spare on that parcel shelf you definitely wouldn't know.

• 2 weeks later...

The spare on Skodas is a £50 option . I recall the spare option on the Elise was a can of tyre foam with a lotus sticker on it , sold for the grand price of £25!!!

19" wheels are too big for us roads imo unless they are on a truck!

iirc, the elise is the same as a smart car, front and rears are different sizes!

h

Lots of cars have different sizes front and back my 350 does

The Evo had a space saver but it wouldnt fit on the front due to the big brakes so you needed to swap the rear tyre on the front and then fit the space saver on the back !