My E60 530i

SHAHZ

Cheers Rich, really wanna get the polisher on it, will try and do so in the next few weeks when the wash/clay process should take as long as it did this time round! First time I've physically washed the BM myself, the amount of crap that came off on the clay bar was unreal!

Never used a low sud shampoo before, found it much better than the normal stuff where you can't actually see what's been cleaned and what hasn't!

It's Porsche mate!

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've not clayed the Accord since I bought it or done the Civic for a couple of years so I know they'll be filthy once I do get around to doing it.

Yeah I like the low sud or rinseless shampoos, much easier to see where you have and haven't cleaned. Suds are a pain to rinse off as well if you don't have a hose and if it's really hot they dry on the paint quickly.

I thought it was either a Porsche or Ferrari, looks like the latter from a distance!  :whistle:

I've not clayed the Accord since I bought it or done the Civic for a couple of years so I know they'll be filthy once I do get around to doing it.

Yeah I like the low sud or rinseless shampoos, much easier to see where you have and haven't cleaned. Suds are a pain to rinse off as well if you don't have a hose and if it's really hot they dry on the paint quickly.

I thought it was either a Porsche or Ferrari, looks like the latter from a distance! :whistle:

I agree, I always find that the suds dry too quick even if it's cloudy, this stuff almost had a silky felt to it and doesn't leave marks when dried.

After you said it, from that angle the front does look like a bit like a Ferrari!

Wow, I've just about got back on to my chair :P :lol:

Nice work mate, car looks stunning after the clean!

:D who knows, I may even make a habit of it :lol:

Cheers, it's got bird crap on it now, was parked under a tree yesterday!

Lol I can't really talk, I took the Lexus to my usual hand car wash last weekend for it's first wash in probably about 6 months! The guy said to me he didn't realise I still had it it's been so long  :lol:

Interestingly the dirt seems to have preserved the paint as it actually looks great underneath!

Lol I can't really talk, I took the Lexus to my usual hand car wash last weekend for it's first wash in probably about 6 months! The guy said to me he didn't realise I still had it it's been so long :lol:

Interestingly the dirt seems to have preserved the paint as it actually looks great underneath!

See, who needs wax and sealants :P

Yeah mine was parked under trees most of last week and was a right mess! Surprised how easily it come off with the pressure washer this time round!

Obsession, me, very much doubt it :lol: I do actually enjoy cleaning it, it's just the lack of time to do it!

Too right Parth, they need to learn the proper way to wash a car, not the drive through, they always say when they see a drive through wash at the petrol station, we can't go in there, it will scratch the car :lol:

The kids love the snow foam, gotta say so do I, really does help, apart from the wheels, it almost didn't need shampooing!

And don't get too worried, it probably won't get washed now till this time next year :D

• 3 weeks later...

I think the bug has bitten, looks good :D

Lool, I think it's always been there, just have a little more free time then I had over previous years....here we go, http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/49498-polished-up-the-car/ quick google search to find when I done paint correction to the Lexus!

Depressing when after all that work you have to drive in weather like today's.

I know what you mean, journey home would have covered it in crap, oh well with winter on the way it's to be expected!