Trolley Jack Leaking

Think that's a good buy while you save up for a better one. 

It is a good price and would save me stripping the unit down to replace a seal - although I could still do that and have it as a spare. It's 6 bolts to replace it (the cylinder part) and would give me a proper working jack again. I need to put the winter tyres on the Civic so need to sort it asap.

Could you fix this for £25 but then sell it on for more as a used but fully working jack?

Then you could use that plus a bit more to buy the better jack :)

Yes I was also thinking that, but I don't think I would get anymore than £50 for it TBH. New they seem to have come down in price abit although they do auction ones as well, which sometimes finish for more than the BIN price!! :lol:

I fitted the part last night, very easy to do - 6 bolts and 2 clips.

The number of strokes to raise the jack has increased though, they said they've changed the internal pressure to prevent them from leaking again but it took 16 pumps to get maximum height, the old one was 10! They did mention purging for air but I'm not sure how to do that, waiting for them to get back to me.

Even 2 years for £25 is better than just scrapping it - fingers crossed it does last longer than that.

I wonder how many people do bin expensive jacks when they leak not realising you could probably repair them. Liftmaster didn't advertise anywhere that they sell these replacement packs.

• 4 weeks later...