front tyres juggling grip?!

Carl_Silva

Is this what is happening when i take a corner too fast in my skyline? The weight *seems* to be mostly going on the passenger front wheel but how can that be if its a right corner? Are my senses deluded?

Tony u my know the corner I take... its round the back of quick fit not to far from STS - that two lane bendy 40mph road just before the turn off to the halfords retail park. Enlighten me.

We are talking the outer front tyre holding weight transfer during the Akerman position? does this feel uncomfortable to you? most driver on the 'limit' desire this effect.

It certainly feels like it was on the limit of grip, I took it at about 35 mph, but it feel like if I would have pushed it more that the front tyres would have skidded in the direction the car was pointing, rather than the back-end stepping out.

BTW The wheel rub on the 25mm spacers all round was solved by the rear inner arches being cut.

The weight *seems* to be mostly going on the passenger front wheel but how can that be if its a right corner? Are my senses deluded?

Have I missed something? Passenger wheel = left. Corner = right. As you turn right weight transfers to the outside, ie the left. Car is behaving exactly as physics would dictate.

The weight *seems* to be mostly going on the passenger front wheel but how can that be if its a right corner? Are my senses deluded?

Have I missed something? Passenger wheel = left. Corner = right. As you turn right weight transfers to the outside, ie the left. Car is behaving exactly as physics would dictate.

Well yes but somthing has changed here i think... Carl has this effect only happend since the spacers were fitted?

Exactly what i was thinking :thumbsup_anim:

Exactly what i was thinking ;)

I feel the spacers have changed the scrub radius meaning the previous calibration is redundant.... :crying_anim02:

Exactly what i was thinking ;)

I feel the spacers have changed the scrub radius meaning the previous calibration is redundant.... :crying_anim02:

Im sure your right Tony. But to answer you I have never pushed the car to its limits in this way before ever - only done it since the spacers were fitted. But given the new spacers I think the "limits" have changed a bit.

If you've never pushed the car before then get used to what you have then explain to Tony how it needs to be different. There's no point going for a setup if you don't undetstand what's wrong with the car and how you want it to change or poor Tony is shooting in the dark.

Jon is correct Carl... I don't drive any owners car since the handling differential is foreign to me. I utterly depend on accurate feed-back from the driver to evolve the calibration. If you consider the needs from a serious track driver, or drift, or indeed a modified road car the feed-back after the initial calibration speaks volumes. Try to define the problem so that on your fine-tune we can addresse it :crying_anim02: