Show us your favourite music video......

Tony

• 3 weeks later...

Simon & Garfunkel - The Boxer

Odd title given the theme but it has some poignant words within. I find the thing about any music there is a deliberate direction that most "not all" follow and that's the past? History is something we all have albeit good or bad but nevertheless, it's there and because of this many can relate to historical musical sounds more than to the futuristic "let's fall in love and shag" songs.

For me let's say the older witness words do actually translate into history albeit a personal arena. This example by Simon and Garfunkel unlocks memories.

I have no problem in confessing as a child we did live in poverty. The things other kids my age had did nothing other than confuse the situation but i never knew any different so to me they were the odd ones?... As years went on my awareness wondered why our house got burgled every Xmas but all that was stolen was the money from the gas and electric meters ( in those days you had to pay 50p for power ) Today i know why?

Needless to say, this sound does have some solace to me. 

Stereo MC's - Connected (Full Length)

Very first time i came across this "sun, sea and sex" you need to be high type of sound came from the likes of MC, not that i did any of the unmentionables.. Needless to say it takes a kind of mindset to really understand what the hell this is all about but it's foot tapping music regardless. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not every sound needs to be rock-n-roll to be great. This sound is one of the most powerful i know. In addition, i'm showing a version with English subtitles just in case your Latin is a bit rusty.

Carl Orff Carmina Burana

Phil Collins - Take Me Home

A well-respected singer in his day.....when he had hair :D Seemingly he fell off the map, i suppose he made his fortune and retired. This vid made me think "talk about sing a song and travel the world"...... Hard life this singing lark.

Queen - The Show Must Go On (Official Video)

Realized from my recent visit to the history of Queen I wasn't aware the transvestite visuals in this video had nothing to do with Freddie, It was an idea from the group.

Needless to say in its day killed Freddie, not AID's.

• 3 weeks later...

Bee Gees - How Deep Is Your Love (1977)

Wonderful song and one that really made them big is the music industry.... It's hard to believe it was way back in 77. In truth i never really liked them but as a kid i was just echoing my dad's attitude that they were a bunch of poof's. I beg to differ :angel:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Time again i cry about losing my wife to the curse of cancer but then over time i had to dry my eyes and realize how fortunate I have been as a survivor?

After Lynne died i had no intention of another relationship, but then over time my "nay" our girls moved on leaving me with a three bed house, three dogs and the spiders..... I was alone, mum and dad died, wife gone so what to do?

It took a while for me to realize "our" house wasn't a home any more, forcing me to almost despise the house.... At that time i had no idea what direction to take, I mean no one trains you how to deal with things when they go really wrong...... So there i was... Broken if i'm truthful but i wasn't going to give in!

The next two years were an absolute blur.... I didn't eat and i drank too much. But life cannot continue that way. It was a case of wise up or die!

Needless to say my life online was still there and by whatever the link i was bombarded with a link to online dating...... It took me a while but eventually i joined and found the partner that could fill my void but more so understand where i had came from.

To say Elaine mended me would be wrong because the past will leave a scar and the same could be said for her but nevertheless history has it's place and should never be ignored..... It's what makes us what we are.

I found myself in new territory with Elaine... I mean bloody hell it's been 25yrs since i dated a girl, but given both of our journeys we gelled, call it destiny i don't know?

This song which i think i have posted before sums up how i was feeling and indeed going. It must have taken a lot of love and understanding from Elaine to kind of dig me out of a terrible hole, but she did and for that i'm eternally greatfull.

Life gives us all a curve ball at some point but dealing with it takes love and caring. It might be me, or you or someone down the road but whatever we all have the ability to help, it just takes a bit of effort.

This is where Elaine comforted me and it's like i wrote the words.....But first i married her.

IMG_0540.JPG.18afd07238f4eb118a12ae504b355691.JPG

TEDDY PENDERGRASS TITRE SOMEWHERE HERE I BELONG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Temper Trap - Sweet Disposition (Official Video)

Initially i thought this was sung by the Smiths.... Amazing how common a group follows the sound of another successful group.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just spent two hours listening and re-reading this thread and only just realized it's a time capsule of time and sound encompassing personal moments in life.

It's extraordinary how sound can open such tender moments that are ageless but with a single personal line of sight, almost a calendar corridor looking forward carrying the past. 

• 1 month later...

Heart - Stairway to Heaven (Live at Kennedy Center Honors)

Poignant note here is true..... To be a rock you don't need to roll? Yes the song has been gone to death but this version held reward for the entire world if only to embrace how delicate how fragile we really are.