Show us your favourite music video......

Tony

The Verve - Bitter Sweet Symphony

Yet another song with embedded overtones relating to drugs but there is a hidden message by one of the writers who lost a family member to drugs. What i like about this song and video is the detachment shown as he walks. It could be read as arrogant or withdrawn or indifferent but whatever sometimes i think detachment is a self defence mechanism most need sometimes if only to recapture our thoughts.

• 3 weeks later...

Sumer is icumen in

It's getting warmer. I had a mean temperature of ten degrees Celsius in my garden yesterday. I took the PiP for a ten mile run and for the first time since last Autumn it did the whole trip without ever starting the IC engine.

It reminded me of an old "round" that I always enjoy hearing. The northern members will understand the words but the southern gang may need an interpretation.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=sumer+is+icumen+in+youtube&ie=&oe=

Seing the pianist playing the public piano at the railway station in another thread made me remember how fond I was of jazz pianists such as Art Tatum and Oscar Peterson.

Humoresques is a piano cycle by Antonín Leopold Dvořák, a classical composition, but this is Art Tatum's version and I think it is brilliant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL-CVV616nI

Dire Straights are one of my favorites.

Little geeky fact about the money for nothing video was the first ever video to be played on MTV in the UK

https://youtu.be/wTP2RUD_cL0

This is another great version, was at a charity concert. Mark Knopfler, Sting, Phil Collins and Eric Clapton

https://youtu.be/6D6cw8Ob2sk

• 2 weeks later...
Manfred Mann Blinded by the Light

Released in 1977 reminding me of the very hot and very long summer of 76.... In truth the words make little or no sense but the beat is such you can hum along and make anything fit so a kind of feel good tune.

Dido Here with Me

"I am what I am"....... Never a truer word said.... We are all what we are and nothing more, sure sometimes i would like to be someone else maybe more hansom or rich or both but I am what I am and maybe just maybe someone out there wishes they were me.... I doubt it but maybe.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

War - Low Rider

Anyone remember this song/ vid? I remember it for the jumping hydro suspension which was a wow back in the day. Also if i recall correctly the tune was also used in an advert ( Don't Drive Drunk )

Carpenters Close To You

Way back in their day the Carpenters was one of the first groups that made me listen to the words and depending on your own situation it seemed like they were singing to you.

Karen Carpenter had a particular sad demise suffering with anorexia she starved to death. I would like to think had she have continued singing the world would be just a little bit more tolerant.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone remember this sound? If yes then you're as old as me :D ...... In it's day this theme tune meant trouble because Clint Eastwood was "the good" out to get the bad and the ugly.... An early day Bond indeed :cowboy:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Vangelis - Chung Kuo

This track i searched for for several years because i never knew it's name and then i found out it was used as the title tune for one of the Olympics but since i despise athletics i never knew until years later. Anyway this sound takes my imagination into new levels if i listen with my eyes closed and clear my mind.

• 3 weeks later...

Stereophonics - Handbags And Gladrags

Unless i knew otherwise i would think Rod Stewart sang this song.... To some extent i can relate to the words where a young person is trying to find their way in life even if it's a visual lie. Nevertheless you can't help but look and think they have no idea what trials and tribulations await.

R.E.M. - Everybody Hurts

Few would have escaped the emotion embedded in this song... Missing and or lost is something we have all experienced and this song funnels my emotion to losing my wife. Having her die in my arms devastated me in such a way i cannot come close to describing in mire words needless to say mortality is finite and i'm convinced i would be oblivious had she of lived.

One thing very true in the vid is the man dropping money off the bridge. That statement is money is worthless when there is a lose and never a truer word said "YOUR HEALTH IS YOUR WEALTH".

• 2 weeks later...