Show us your favourite music video......

Tony

I am currently going through a bit of country music phase. I don't know why, but there is a little bit of country deep down in my soul, and it has come to the surface lately. I do enjoy many of the songs posted here, thanks for the posts to many of them. I know R. Kelly has gained a horrible reputation, but I cannot deny that I love that song above and a number of other songs of his. I am also a huge Fleetwood Mac fan so thanks for that post. I am a bit thrown off. It is funny to be browsing down through and seeing bands like Five Finger Death Punch. Then all of a sudden, out of the blue, a Donna Summers video and song pops in there. Kind of strange, just because of the sudden shift. Thanks for the post guys!

For me the sound is the sole not the theme..As said we all have a diverse opinion with music and that's what fascinates me. My ear is very wide albeit classical to punk, i don't care it's the message that counts.

Some sounds/ words extrapolate emotion or memories and however diverse or personal these are it's a chance to share and offer comfort.... Emotions and sound impact the real world and in members offerings there's an incite to the person.  

• 3 weeks later...

When i went to meet Elaine for the first time it was at a manor restaurant on a hot summers evening....... Typical me i'm early ( i'm never late ) so while sitting there in the garden drinking a shaky pint this was playing in the background....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPQ_PnRPOXw

Problem is i never knew who sung the song but i heard it recently and it bought me right back to that nerve racking first meet. Thankfully it went well :D

When i went to meet Elaine for the first time it was at a manor restaurant on a hot summers evening....... Typical me i'm early ( i'm never late ) so while sitting there in the garden drinking a shaky pint this was playing in the background....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPQ_PnRPOXw

Problem is i never knew who sung the song but i heard it recently and it bought me right back to that nerve racking first meet. Thankfully it went well :D

such a pop tune but really like it!!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

George Harrison "My sweet lord".

As a kid i found this song very confusing? I'm not religious and never have been but saying that i have every respect and space for those that are providing it doesn't hurt others.

The words in this song are entrancing almost inviting suicide which as a kid it did influence me a little by the power of suggestion but i resisted, makes you wonder though how many didn't?

• 2 months later...

Following my announcement that i'm getting married a sense of responsibility dawns on me that reminded me of this song

Truth is it's not a man's world but it wouldn't be worth much without a partner to share it with don't you think?

Truth is it's not a man's world but it wouldn't be worth much without a partner to share it with don't you think?

I do tend to agree, but then it's our 58th wedding anniversary today . . . . . :smile_anim:

post-2-0-56222500-1404202891.gif

Enjoy every moment mate. As you know from my experiences things can go terribly wrong... A 58th wedding anniversary says your wife is not only your lover but also your best friend, sole mate and commitment, i'm jealous of you. 

Thanks Tony - it's her birthday today also. Couldn't quite manage to marry her on her birthday because Sunday got in the way in 1956!

I was really looking to find a girl with her birthday on Christmas Day and marry her then, but I just couldn't manage it, so I have had to remember three dates ever since . . . . . :)

• 4 weeks later...

Gnarls Barkley - Crazy

I think for many of us who has undergone sadness or pressure could relate to these words: "even your emotions have an echo in so much space", never a truer word said. And "i can die when i'm done" is almost an immortal statement.

• 4 weeks later...
Christina Aguilera - Beautiful

I found this song was wrapped in emotion suitable for the current confused world. In our time of social networking exposing more and more variations of peoples lives this song says it's ok to be different so long as no one is hurt, sadly being different is something many judge and in doing so we become the ones that hurt others. In truth i thought she was very brave with this song and although i don't like all that i see in it the message is very clear and for that i salute her.

• 4 weeks later...

Bread: Everything i own.....

An emotionally powerful song farmiliar to those a little long in the tooth. I don't think i need to explain why the words make me go :crying_anim02:

Bread: Make it with you....

Well after picking up the pieces of a broken heart life really does need to move on. Many years of denial i was drowning in a pool of self pity and needed a confident bag of determination for my kids and myself but i had a nagging problem, that being i felt if i looked for another lady i would be cheating on Lynn. In the end it was my children who told me to follow my heart before i fall into the abyss and i have their blessing  :crying_anim02: 

After being married for 25yrs dating wasn't something i could claim to be an expert at but i did form a relationship with Elaine who was extremely sympathetic and tolerant with my emotions after Lynn's death. Elaine never did nor never has tried to replace Lynn so in essence she has given me the freedom to open a totally new chapter in my life.

• 2 weeks later...

David Bowie: Life on Mars

In truth i never understood this man but the sounds and words he expressed did gather my attention. It's all a bit subliminal but with hidden truths and maybe that's why i found his message in song attractive?

"Law man beating up the wrong guy!"..... Oh wow that's a very real world political statement not aimed at the police but humanity in general.... Are we the law, who knows and if yes then by who's hand?  That's a very real and well expressed statement in this song

David Bowie: Space Oddity

Another very clever assumption of human deliverance. The song in my opinion reflects the travel we all have in life, the capsule isn't a craft more the womb encapsulated during our journey albeit the right or wrong path?

• 6 months later...
Heart - Stairway to Heaven (Live at Kennedy Center Honors)

This was a ground braking song that changed music forever. The reason i chose this version is it's a tribute to LZ  sung in front of them and a powerful audience.....

• 2 months later...

Elvis presley - in the ghetto

Most songs tell a story one way or another but few could be as complete as those written by Elvis.... These words for me reflect parts of my life as a kid but without this songs final outcome, nevertheless few songs actually make you think, hum along yes maybe even sing along but not think.

• 1 month later...

Nickelback - Rockstar [OFFICIAL VIDEO]

The message means many things in this song but for me the message is the disillusion of drugs. What i thought was clever is how they encompassed all walks of people black, white, male, female young and old in many countries.

Michael Jackson - Stranger In Moscow

Not one of the well known songs by MJ but a powerful one nevertheless. In my time of grief i wasn't a stranger in Moscow, i was a stranger in myself and in unfamiliar territory, scared if i'm honest. No matter who you are we all suffer loss at some point in our lives so in truth no one is alone other than the stranger within. 

Isaac Hayes: Shaft

Anyone remember this? A feel good sound that reminds me of my youth..... Shaft was a fearless character in the same vein as Bond or Dirty Harry and i wanted to be him :smile_anim:

That's a blast from the past. I took the kids to see this film when we lived in Northchurch and there was a cinema in Berkhamsted so it must have been about 1968 (I think). We still have the vinyl recording somewhere.

I've resisted responding to this thread because my favourite artists come from the pre-video era and I prefer just listening without the distraction of video. The artists that I loved in my younger years tend to be long dead and gone. I suppose Jussi Bjorling would have been my all time favourite singer but he died in 1960. I listened to him live on several occasions, particularly at the Free Trade Hall in Manchester.

One of my favourite female singers was (and is) Amalia Rodriguez. She was a Portuguese Fado singer but with a superb voice that enabled her to sing a wide repertoire. One of my favourite guitar pieces is the Concierto de Aranjuez by Roderigo (not related to Amalia). A french lyricist took the slow movement of the concerto and set words to it so that the singer replaces the guitar. Amalia made a great recording of this piece and since she passed on in 1999 it has become popular on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVbVKtVENu0

• 2 weeks later...

Princess Diana Funeral - Elton John - Candle In The Wind (Goodbye Englands Rose)

One of the best renditions of a song i never wanted to hear...... While the world was weeping Elton had the restraint to offer a verbal salute to an absent angle called away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8gO0Z818j4

• 6 months later...

Jackson five: Can you feel it

Personally i think this sound and indeed vision was a pinnacle turning point in music history. The Jackson five invited attention through well written lyrics and talented dancing but their addition within this video of visual technoligy certainly wowed me placing any additional sights and sounds high on my wish list. 

For those as old or older than me you might remember the aggressive response to this video namely the Jacksons ( black people ) portray a god like image of themselves, thankfully the majority welcomed the image for what it is rather than the colour of the sender....   

I learnt something new today which is a blessing most might think :whistle: ..... I was watching the vid displayed here by David Bowie and noticed his eyes are different, not only in the size of the pupil but the colour so with a little searching i found out it was due to a fight he had as a kid rupturing the pupil which regenerated into the size and colour seen......  Personally i think that's kind of wonderful, not wonderful he got a smack in the eye but that it could recover and do so in a unique way?....