AP Coilovers

S2IM

Hi Tony/Chaps

Has WIM ever had any experience of AP Coilovers? Looking to possibly purchase a brand for the MINI and AP seem to be coming out at a reasonable price. Never fitted them before to any car so not sure on the quality/rates etc.

I don't want something bouncier than I have at the moment but would like it to sit lower and handle better.

Manufacturer part I was looking at was: GF20-070

Any info appreciated :)

I had a set of AP coilovers on my last car and found them rather crashy when the car was lowered by 50mm ( sounds alot but it was only 10mm lower than its bigger engined brother).

no rebound or dampening control on mine and after 3 years on british roads the front drivers side developed a leak.

I may have just been unlucky but thought I would add my experience.

btw.. the ride was crashy but I always had compliments about how well the car handled compared to stock especially under hard braking & cornering

Just had a quick google as I was wondering if this was the same AP as in AP Racing but seemingly not!

Either way seem to have a fairly good reputation in the world of VAG group cars so they might be good. Apparently come out of the same factory as KW and Weitec if that means anything to anyone :)

AP are nothing to do with AP Racing, however I have seen the coilovers being sold in AP Racing boxes so BEWARE.

I contacted AP Racing about this and they confirmed they have nothing to do with suspension components.

AP are, as far as I can tell, just another Rokkor/Raceland/Jamex/VMaxx rebrand. Cheap s***e IOW.

They seem to have quite good driver reviews from the MINI forums but I don't want to be servicing/replacing... shame as they were priced very competitively.

What would be another good alternative? WIM did the Teins on my old STI which were pretty good but no idea on the pricing or even if they do a MINI application