From "Load Leveling" to coilover ...

JamesV70R

Evening all,

I'm after a small bit of advice. 

I've recently bought a set of Intrax coilovers - We fitted the fronts in Jan (in the snow .. bad timing) and have been waiting until the weather improves before we come to tackle the rear of the car.

All the parts are now ready - new top mounts, etc, but .... I have a weird rear suspension setup on the V70R - (other than the AWD gear of course) - With the currently fitted "load levelling" Nivomats the springs are fitted seperately, and mounted further out towards the end of the axle - now, would I want to remove these when we fit the Intrax to the back, or should they stay in? 

I have heard different things as to whether they should stay or go ... so looking for some advice from the guys who are in the know on these things ... 

Car is a 99/00 (Phase 1) V70R AWD.

I'm tempted to just say stuff it and drop the car and bits off at WIM though and let someone else destroy their knuckles! Does anyone know the current perhour rate for fitting?

Thanks in advance,

James

The coilover kit is a replacement suspension so i would say you remove the self-leveling dampers but isn't there instructions with the kit?

I believe that's the case with the Legacy's that have self levelling rear suspension. If it goes faulty, which apparently is very common you just replace the springs and shocks together and do away with the whole lot. So the same should apply for the Volvo I would have thought.

Aye, the self leveling nivomat (the shock/damper itself) is going to have to come out for the coilover to replace it, but the spring on the back of the car is seperate from that - and its that spring I'm not sure on.

There are 2 schools of thought regarding leaving it or taking it, and I'm not sure which would be more "correct" - Leave them, and give the Intrax some assistance, or remove them, and possibly give the Intrax a hard time ...

edit: Like so:  GR-67242.jpg

James

Tony - Would I be able to fly up this evening and get a quotes from you / your team for fitting of the suspension and for a wheel refurb? I remember you saying you couldn't really quote properly from the pics I sent through the other month?

James