Anyone around London area on BC coilovers?

mattslegg

I had some bc racing coilovers fitted to my lexus is300, they are very good, the ride is very hard mind, considering they had been on the car for just short of 2yrs, they can up very well when removed and sold on  :)

• 4 weeks later...

Thought I'd just update this topic by saying that we eventually arranged a date (oo-er) and Matt did come round for a ride in my car. Nice guy and we had a good old chat about all things cars :) I took him out for a passenger ride and then let him have a little time behind the wheel to get a feel for it himself. He seemed impressed and it certainly extinguished his fears that the ride on the BC's would be too hard. He commented on how well it rode and how much more stable/confidence inspiring it felt in a straight line, especially impressed with the lack of dive/squat and the extra steering weight compared to his car. He still has a decision to make but at least he can now do so with some first hand experience!

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't just let anybody drive my car willy nilly, but it doesn't take too long to form a reasonable impression of what someone is like (whether they are going to be a lunatic driver or sensible!) and I was happy in trusting that Matt wouldn't do anything silly! :lol:

Huge thank you to Dave for letting me go out in his car and trusting me to have a drive, really nice guy.

I was really impressed with the way they felt, so much better than stock. I now can't decide between the Bc's or the koni sport damper :(

I think one of the factors is ride height, if your already on lowering springs I believe the Koni dampers will make you even lower which of course has it's own issues. Although my experience is not with BCs but with another brand they will allow you to choose the ride height and not vice versa, in addition damper adjustment is very simple and in my experience required depending on what your using the car for.

• 1 year later...