Grrr potholes

liner33

Wife hit a pothole last night , complained to me that the car felt down on power , totally failed to mention the whole car was shaking at speed

The front tyre was a Bridgestone potenza we had to fit due to a puncture just after xmas so its only done 1500 miles tops  , rear was a Eagle F1 Assy with about 18 months use , but managed to find 2 x Eagle F1's locally but its £250 i could do without having to spend

P1000274_zps341dfe25.jpg

P1000275_zps472816fa.jpg

No not unless you know which pothole which did the damage AND its been reported to the council

I reported some myself recently and they were out to repair it promptly which is good and whilst they cant inspect all the roads all the time i think its the shoddy repairs over the last 10 years that has put us in this position

Not good viewing for sure......Problem we all have now is the compensation is directed toward the highways agency rather than the local council? Right or wrong they do have a point, that being the road fund licence is paid to the government who in turn finance road repairs/ evolution so in essence the local council are not directly responsible for the road condition/ repairs other than an obligation to report imperfections. Agreed they are given a budget but we have to understand with limited funds it often falls short..... So who's responsible? 

Not good viewing for sure......Problem we all have now is the compensation is directed toward the highways agency rather than the local council? Right or wrong they do have a point, that being the road fund licence is paid to the government who in turn finance road repairs/ evolution so in essence the local council are not directly responsible for the road condition/ repairs other than an obligation to report imperfections. Agreed they are given a budget but we have to understand with limited funds it often falls short..... So who's responsible? 

Road Fund Licence has no more connection to road repairs than any other of the general taxation that we pay.

Your local authority should have a statement that shows clearly its responsibility for the repair and maintenance of adopted roads in its area. There are some major road exclusions and these should be described.

Here is the statement for Central Bedfordshire (the authority for the area in which I live) and it will be typical of what other authorities publish:

Central Bedfordshire Highways is responsible for maintaining the structural integrity of roads and footways on adopted highways in the County.  An adopted highway is one where the local authority has taken on the legal responsibility for maintenance. 

Central Bedfordshire Highways inspects every adopted highway on a regular basis.  Any area of road or pavement which is found to be dangerous is noted and is either made safe or a repair arranged within 24 hours. 

Each year we undertake various structural surveys on the condition of all adopted highways. This then provides us with the information we need to prioritise all structural maintenance schemes into our five year programme of repairs.

Central Bedfordshire Highways has responsibility for the maintenance of all roads in its administrative area, with the exception of major roads such as M1, A1, A5 and A421 (which are maintained directly by the government). We also maintain your pavements.   

Trip hazards on pavements are a key concern at all times whilst the problems of weeds, standing water and ice tend to be more seasonal. Trip hazards and other defects on pavements are addressed in the following priority order.

Priority area

1. Slab movement, uneven ironwork, and potholes with a trip exceeding 20 mm; depression greater than 20mm deep and more than 100mm in plan; cracking with a gap wider and deeper than 20mm. Priority 1 defects are considered an emergency and we strive to repair them or make them safe within 48 hours
  2. All other slab movements, uneven ironwork and potholes with a trip less than 20mm; depression less than 20mm deep and less than 100mm in plan; cracking with a gap of less than 20mm. Priority 2 defects are programmed for work at a later date, but will be monitored regularly to ensure that they do not get any worse.

It gets worse :(

Went t o get my new tyre fitted to my Fabia and firstly the tread pattern has changed from the ones I have on the car already which annoys me greatly.

Secondly the fitter asked me about my wife's Superb and reminded me he told her three of the wheels were/are badly buckled :(

They are £170 each from Skoda so ill have to think about a set of aftermarket ones

If you're after some OZ wheels, we are on fantastic terms with them directly  :whistle:  

Can usually beat any other price on a brand new wheels set. If you're still after some or have some in mind let me know and I'll inbox you a little quotation!

• 1 month later...

If you're after some OZ wheels, we are on fantastic terms with them directly  :whistle:  

Can usually beat any other price on a brand new wheels set. If you're still after some or have some in mind let me know and I'll inbox you a little quotation!

Missed this post sorry

Sourced a set of RS copies a fairly reasonable £365 inc centres , valves and locking wheel bolts

Think they suit the car but one has a lot of weight on the rest have one or two small weights , this one has about 8 !!

Missed this post sorry

Sourced a set of RS copies a fairly reasonable £365 inc centres , valves and locking wheel bolts

Think they suit the car but one has a lot of weight on the rest have one or two small weights , this one has about 10 !!

68976e71ece997d719aa18858e28cdc3_zpsfa300127.jpg

577bdeb9304de60b887e420932628c2e_zpsb49a38a3.jpg