Steve-O's MX5

Steve-O

It looks good and i think you made a good choice on the colour, what's the point in staying samey? Are you keeping the wheels white?

Wheels are being refurbed entirely in gloss black. No polished lip. 

Looks good Steve, I really like that colour :) When do they think it will be finished

I can't get it next week due to work so I am expecting  another 3 weeks or so. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well Picked the old girl up yesterday  . She is every bit as good as the pics made out. Very pleased. Gave her a good drive home for 2 hours and was flawless. 

Only thing is the battery is knackered only after 3 years.  I think all the stop starts in the workshop killed it.  Needed to jump it to get it going. Bit of a team effort with the missus when we stopped for gas as I needed to jump it again :lol:

Got a long list of things to crack on with now which include:

Fit side mounted plate on front

Swap to forge recirc dump valve

New air intake

Remove afm  and switch to a IATsensor

Swapping to a 62.5 nose pulley on the charger

Visit wim to get the Meister Rs fitted and geo reset. 

Tuning session and work next Saturday at skuzzles release some more power hopefully improve cold start and an emissions issue. 

Will get some more pics later if light permits! 

OK here we go - the light was crap today and do not show the depth of the pearl off. Its a really meaty gunmetal colour and suits her perfectly. A fine way to bring her into the 21st century. I don't think shes ever been in better nick other than when she rolled off the production line :

IMAG0281.jpg

ZOE_0003_1.jpg

ZOE_0004_1.jpg

just as a comparison so far from when i first got her! 

IMAGE_082.jpg

Can't wait to get the coilovers on and get it another 20mm or so lower and then it will be perfect!

yeah - i remember when i was over at wim Tony looked it over and said it was sweet and i said to him "yeah not going to mess with this one" haha sheeeeet.

pmsl, that modding bug has alot to answer for! :D