Nissan R34 GTT

liner33

I think for some reason the removal of hicas has shown the rear arb to be insufficient

When i removed it on my R33 i also fitted new subframe bushes and new arbs front and back , the car was very very stable in the bends . The R34 feels loose when going around tight corners , roundabouts etc but the rest of the time it feels very planted 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sailed through the MOT yesterday , it wasnt due as I last had it done in January but there is no way I was taking out in the snow again

Rear toe is well out though became more obvious on the ramp , this may well explain the "digging in" sensation on the rear coming off roundabouts and tight turns

need to pull my finger out and and do the front bushes and book it in for a geo set up

Finally finished fitting the camber correction bushes

ED21D824-74D1-489D-B8E4-2D7AD133A621-232

Well greased so they spin easily

Found I screwed up fitting the other side and had given it more neg camber so set both to -.5 on both sides , steering feels much better. now

Will phone and try and get a geo booked in now

Yes but i find the adjuster bolt is squeezed to tight inside the bushings? I had an R33 in from GarageD who had just fitted the adjusters and i couldn't get them to move... Thinking i'm missing the plot i asked Julian to show me where i'm going wrong? He couldn't get them to adjust either...... I never saw that car again.

But saying all this maybe i've just been unlucky?

Yeah I have the factory ones but I don't think the front camber will get into the stock range but should knock .5 off the current settings and the rear needs a little more camber to sit nicely in the arch , finally rear toe is out due to the hicas eliminator

img012-1_zpsded2e421.jpg

• 2 months later...

Not been on the site much of late but few changes

Fitted a new exhaust a HKS Hipower , bit more of a throaty tone more than anything but probably spools up a little quicker

20130921_112302_zps387d5a1d.jpg

Biggest change is go faster stripes ;) These add at least 50hp !! , copies of the Nismo ones which are now discontinued

f99344865f4eebcae4972b3c62165d85_zps77f9

Cat back system , but the car already has a HKS downpipe and decat , if i replace the turbo elbow it will be the whole lot

As you know Tony it wasnt that loud before , i dont like loud cars really and the new system isnt much louder but it is a tad deeper and pops a little on full power shifts

I did take a little, rather poor video of the old Nismo exhaust just so people could get an idea of what the old system sounds like

th_20130920_143714_zpsb7b6b661.jpg