Me again....dampers for Astra

ChannelZ

Mondeo is gone. Astra is here. Astra has 70k on the clock and the factory dampers are....soggy to say the least.

After the crap Monroe Reflex things I put on the Mondeo which rusted within a week and looked like crap after a month, and Im convinced were worse than the Ford ones I took off, I was hoping for a recommendation for the Astra.

I think I've it rounded down to Bilstein or KYB. Both the standard gas-filled OE replacements. Which would you folks recommend? Or something else?

As I said, just looking something to replace the non-sport dampers I have.

Nope, strut with a flange. Easy job to change the shocks on an Astra, I've done them myself in a little over an hour with a spanner, a socket set and a pair of borrowed spring compressors. Don't even need to compress the srpings on the back, just two bolts each side. Brilliant.

Ordered KYBs off Camskill. Also got oil, filters etc, total £250. :D Less than half what ECP were looking for the Bilstein B6 dampers on their own! :thumbsdown_anim:

When are you opening a store over here in N. Ireland, then Tony? I'd be your best customer, between my motor, the OH's motor and the parent's motor. :)