Tony's Lamborghini Countach

Tony

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You get a long 3mm allen key and put it down the hole (I said you need to block up afterwards). Feel where it goes in and adjust slowly one way then the other until the engine sound hits the sweet spot (like adjusting the mixture on an old SU carb) like I showed you.

or, set it to 2-2.5 co with a gas analyser.

The fuel distributor I lent you will be near enough to test by substitution to help you diagnose the fault and enable your car to get about while you get your original one refurbished. Ken Mills Injection can set them up at his place and flow bench it on thier rig.

Don't forget the test I mentioned about the auxiliary air valve operation i.e. it should have a hole in it when cold and no hole when warm (to enable a fast idle when the engine is cold) or the engine will be a bit rough when cold but ok when warm. On your car it was the part near the bit we replaced with black spray paint on it with a rubber hose connected to it!

http://www.kmipetrolinjection.co.uk/

Good luck :)

Chances are that the auxiliary valve is shut closed. This should be open when the engine is cold to raise the idle speed and then should slowly close as the engine warms up (via 12v at the electrical plug that operates a bi-metallic strip that closes the hole).

If you warm the engine up to operating temperature and the engine idles fine and accelerates OK then chances are this auxiliary air valve is the fault.

Yes. If you send them the fuel distributor (with the metering flap), injectors, control pressure regulator & auxiliary air valve they can calibrate it all to each other in 1 go to the point where you just bolt it all back on without even having to set it up with a gas analyser.

I am pretty sure the auxiliary valve on yours is duff. Try the start but with holding the throttle plate open. If it runs fine with the engine warmed up then this is definately the culprit, especially when you said there was no visible hole through it when looking through the hose.

Should be ok. Did you do that test with the injectors spraying in the coffee jars to check spray pattern and volume of glow (volumetric test) ?

Good luck hope the new injectors sorts it but I am sure the auxiliary air valve will cause cold start low idle stall problems. Hope not.

Thanks, I'll give that a gentle try.....

I also got a phone quote to replace the roof liner today, the unseen quote was between £250 and £400 :o I said it's a Countach not a coach, how big do you think the roof is?

It's probably not the size but the cutting & fitting to make it look good - an experienced persons time is normally the most expensive part of a job, but it saves you having to learn all the mistakes if you were to try it yourself.

ttfn